Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

Im free for a battle and if you want I will set up the persist.

(My internet is down today but it should be up tommorrow at latest.)

Forum ate my post... I'm in! I read about 20 pages of thread today but have a few questions. Is the mass limit a TOTAL mass limit for your fleet, or just a maximum mass for each ship? Also, I just DL the file, hyper-edit my ships into position then re-upload it for you to make the first maneuver? I could fly them to starting position, but I'm betting that would slow the battle up too much.

Earlier this morning I started going though all my weapons and removing probe cores, MJ, etc to comply with rules. I'll finish it up tonight.

Does anyone else think AvronMullican's yellow-painted missiles resemble bunches of bananas? xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCSV Naiad sweeps into lower orbit to rendezvous with her target, Noah 2.

zfA7r3S.png

She unloads her forward armament, four LRMs, into Noah 2's dorsal hull.

d0e0swy.png

This seems to be enough to knock most of the ship's innards loose, sending them floating off into space.

cvh4SEi.png

DCSV Naiad retreats to an extreme orbit with most of her armament and fuel still at the ready.

VtXHazO.png

AvronMullican's three fighters are still in the game, and there are multiple derelicts in orbit from which to borrow weapons. It's not over yet.

3Y9SyHe.png

Persistent: https://www./?ysc7k9z3ysrp72h

Forum ate my post... I'm in! I read about 20 pages of thread today but have a few questions. Is the mass limit a TOTAL mass limit for your fleet, or just a maximum mass for each ship? Also, I just DL the file, hyper-edit my ships into position then re-upload it for you to make the first maneuver? I could fly them to starting position, but I'm betting that would slow the battle up too much.

Earlier this morning I started going though all my weapons and removing probe cores, MJ, etc to comply with rules. I'll finish it up tonight.

Yes and yes

There should never be any mods in this thread. This ensures accessibility for all players without requiring anyone to download anything.

I asked, well atm I don't think I could go in a battle atm since the welding mod won't work for 0.23 and framerate cannot be managed

Edited by Spearka

It's tricky to get it right. That's why I rely on other people's designs.

I have been using his k-drive too. But it still seems unreliable.

Problems include:

spinning when two k drives are side by side

causes ship to flex (i figured that happens all the time, just don't like it)

after firing missiles, K drive sometimes inoperable

Edited by War Eagle 1

I have been using his k-drive too. But it still seems unreliable.

Problems include:

spinning when two k drives are side by side

causes ship to flex (i figured that happens all the time, just don't like it)

after firing missiles, K drive sometimes inoperable

Strange. I never have these problems.

Strange. I never have these problems.

Mac, PC, or Linix?

Edit, oh another problem is I can stay on 90 angle and the prograde indicator will move to the left or right

Edited by War Eagle 1

First to answer your questions.

1. The weight limit is for all total ships.

2. You will hyper edit your ships into place and you will take the first turn because I have fought more battles than you.

I will start work on the persist now.

(I will set it up around bop.)

@daemonCaptrix Felling kinda burnt out on this fight, it's not that i'm scared to finish, it's just that...i don't know...can someone else finish, You can have the win/loss

That's fine. Sorry. ._.

It's kind of hard to build good ships. It took me a long time to build what I have.

That's fine. Sorry. ._.

It's kind of hard to build good ships. It took me a long time to build what I have.

Thanks for understanding, Right now i want to work on some Youtube videos, but who knows? maybe in a month or so i will have redesigned my fleet and be back.

First to answer your questions.

1. The weight limit is for all total ships.

2. You will hyper edit your ships into place and you will take the first turn because I have fought more battles than you.

I will start work on the persist now.

(I will set it up around bop.)

Thanks, a few more clarifications due to conflicts in what I have read.

First, are craft allowed to move after attacking? I personally don't like this idea... I feel that damaged ships should get a chance to shoot back if they still have power and weapons even if engines are disabled.

Second, ALL ships are allowed to move on any given turn, but only the weakest (in ascending order) can attack?

I think I misunderstood the torpedo rules earlier. I read that torps had to be dumb, but then read that as long as they are FIRED and NOT controlled in flight that SAS/probe cores are ok? Because even a fire and forget missile with SAS, a probe, and a tiny bit of RCS is a big step up from dumb torpedoes. I don't use RCS on any torps at the moment but SAS linked to a probe core is very helpful.

Last... What are hit/miss rules? Am I on the honor system to report misses or do I get a mulligan? Also are volleys/ multiple launches allowed from a single ship in one turn or is it one and done?

I'm ready when you are, if I make any violations let me know so I can fix my mistake, I'm all for a fair game.

Hey guys I'm interested in joining but I have a few questions.

1. If I understand correctly you send the save file to the person playing against you so they can make their turn. How is that done?

2. Which mods do you use. Are there specific mods everyone uses. Is it always pure stock or does it vary from match to match?

I'm new here but these are easy questions.

1. Just upload the persistance file to tinyupload, mediafire, drop box, etc. Then post the link.

2. Like it says about 2 pages back, no mods except hyper edit to make setup easier.

OK I set up the persist.

(Sorry for the delay I have been feeling lazy but Not when the battle starts :).)

Max tonnage: 500

Max amount of ships: 5

My Ships.

4x Granite Class Frigates.

UMm0U8x.png

1 of my fighters that isn't named yet.

IFOcpMA.png

(Ignore the ships at Vall I was just testing stuff there.)

Persist. http://www./view/43bixr0zrg8qf2q/persistent.sfs

Dont worry too much about the rules because its not that bad if you break one. But the only thing I will clarify is to not quicksave/quickload when you miss because it is a dick move.