Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

Well I just got done with my new Frigate because the Granite class frigates are now obsolete. This thing can take a beating for sure.

OJNza5n.png

(The femur wasn't the type of bone that I was thinking about. o_o.)

I also took my turn.

After doing some inefficient burns with the P.M.I.S. Spongebob I finally got to shooting range. The first 2 shots either clipped through the armor or missed but the third did some damage. After that I raised my orbit by quite a bit.

VuHr0ZV.png

FbBsOoT.png

oCWRt18.png

W8VYzr6.png

ciBnsZe.png

The Hard Cheese looks disabled to me but I am not completely sure.

Here is the Persist---------------> http://www./view/43bixr0zrg8qf2q/persistent.sfs

Well I just got done with my new Frigate because the Granite class frigates are now obsolete. This thing can take a beating for sure.

http://i.imgur.com/OJNza5n.png

(The femur wasn't the type of bone that I was thinking about. o_o.)

I also took my turn.

Boom! I'll take a gander and make my move in a bit. I've been working on actual warships too, I just threw the SOL together in an hour since a friend and I are really into MST3K.

Such a shame I screwed up the Mk. 14, I could fix it by going back to me previous design but the new Mk. 24 and Mk. 28 are much better. Maybe I'll keep the old 14 since it has a low part count though.

I checked out the Persist... For some reason the ship I attacked and destroyed last turn is back. o.O

Did it revert after I logged out or something?

EDIT: It must have, because Blue-3 "HardCheese" still has all its missiles. Crap.

I have a quick save from right after Blue-3 killed Jawbreaker, do you want to take your turn again or just call it good and take Jawbreaker out of the game? I have no doubt that if you take your turn again it would just result in HardCheese getting killed since those LV-Ns might as well be taped on the ship.

13359315384_1a932d12c4_c.jpg

screenshot496 by [email protected], on Flickr

Edited by Turd

My next ship was going to be Shepard 3 but with that fighter dead…I was able to fast forward my battle plan.

I sent PGS Noel to the remains of PGS Chain Breaker to pick up a special delivery for Daemons fleet.

DdWEkSm.png

With the package secured I proceeded to my target

zswC7Jx.png

Target: Nautilus (this time I fired prograde and from above to insure that it wouldn't fall) (still think that should be legal but whatever, I don't make the rules)

svuY4yZ.png

She's going to need more than a bandaid

Ttfzocz.png

Id say that was a hit

hlt2GGQ.png

Yeah…she dead

yPte1RQ.png

Just like her sister ship, Nautilus is now nothing more than an empty shell (no pun intend)

4kDCby8.png

http://www./view/rv6tuo327l2vvsw/persistent(2).sfs

Hunter Two attacked PGS Noel. Seven hits. One miss. Hunter Two exhausted its missiles.

J4sjRWA.png

That's one tough ship. At least I knocked off that docking port. xD

RSwtaUK.png

The hulk of the Trident seems mostly intact still.

gfIzUEb.png

Time to reload. Veeeery slowly. (no RCS)

9FugSHY.png

Thanks, Trident!

a50v4G4.png

Persistent

Edit: The reason there appears to be no Kerbal in the cockpit anymore is some weird glitch from when I docked with the missile pods. Random explosion. No more Kerbal ._.

Edited by daemonCaptrix

The reason there appears to be no Kerbal in the cockpit anymore is some weird glitch from when I docked with the missile pods. Random explosion. No more Kerbal ._.

Ok so the kerbal isn't the original core?

For my next move I sent PGS Gideon to bring down Naiad. Took only one missile to bring her down but I ended up shooting four. First missile hit armor while the second caused it to split in two. Shots 3 and 4 were an attempt to do more damage but she is dead just the same. This leave Daemon with only 3 fighters left against 2 frigates, 2 fighters and a wounded but alive Corvette

gW6bLhe.png

Rzb17QZ.png

WReZ1cb.png

xYQpUux.png

cn58s6Y.png

jv3Hd8o.png

http://www./view/mczvfucmkk8ez2l/persistent(2).sfs

I checked out the Persist... For some reason the ship I attacked and destroyed last turn is back. o.O

Did it revert after I logged out or something?

EDIT: It must have, because Blue-3 "HardCheese" still has all its missiles. Crap.

I have a quick save from right after Blue-3 killed Jawbreaker, do you want to take your turn again or just call it good and take Jawbreaker out of the game? I have no doubt that if you take your turn again it would just result in HardCheese getting killed since those LV-Ns might as well be taped on the ship.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7298/13359315384_1a932d12c4_c.jpg

screenshot496 by [email protected], on Flickr

Ya just take Jaw Breaker out of the game. So its still your turn correct?

Yep I'll make a move here in a bit, the Mk. 20 is coming out for one last time.

I have a game mechanics/rule clarification.

Am I allowed to essentially build a ship around a missile in such a manner that the missile IS the core, the probe, and the rest is just a transfer stage that becomes useless after the missile/core is fired?

Yep I'll make a move here in a bit, the Mk. 20 is coming out for one last time.

I have a game mechanics/rule clarification.

Am I allowed to essentially build a ship around a missile in such a manner that the missile IS the core, the probe, and the rest is just a transfer stage that becomes useless after the missile/core is fired?

1. no as that would be the ship ramming.

2. Why would you want to do that? Seems like a waste of a ship

Ultralight Mk. 20 craft Blue-4 "FizzleBeef" attacks and pops P.I.M.S. Sponge Bob like a light bulb at 100M with a pair of .5M anti fighter missiles. Down to the Poptart, Skittles, FizzleBeef and SpeedChunk now!

Getting into position was a little challenging due to both craft having elliptical orbits with moderate eccentricity. Just a little though.

13369438075_7f5d662dbb_c.jpg

screenshot513 by [email protected], on Flickr

13369575013_ea0f32e66c_c.jpg

screenshot515 by [email protected], on Flickr

13369430045_048f100ce7_c.jpg

screenshot517 by [email protected], on Flickr

13369803644_a61c6f4429_c.jpg

screenshot518 by [email protected], on Flickr

13369799444_19810b56f2_c.jpg

screenshot519 by [email protected], on Flickr

Persistance: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=73508423681793190619

1. no as that would be the ship ramming.

2. Why would you want to do that? Seems like a waste of a ship

How is that ship ramming any more than using "smart" missiles? And its a GOOD use of a ship if your goal is to put a massive torpedo on the smallest ship possible, and encase the torpedo inside an ungodly amount of armor. The torpedo I plan on using has almost 800 m/s DV, so it alone would be capable of combat around Minmus or other small moons.

I can still execute this plan by using a smart torpedo on a ship where the core is on the transfer stage, just isn't as cool.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the no ramming rule just there to prevent a ship out of weapons from attacking, and to prevent a sore loser with crappy torpedoes from ramming your ship out of spite? I can either build a ship with one torpedo, and when it fires that torpedo is useless, or build a torpedo attached to a disposable engine that become useless after firing because its dead. I don't see the difference other than my way I don't have ships left all over the place in good shape but useless because they are out of munitions.

Edited by Turd

How is that ship ramming any more than using "smart" missiles? And its a GOOD use of a ship if your goal is to put a massive torpedo on the smallest ship possible, and encase the torpedo inside an ungodly amount of armor. The torpedo I plan on using has almost 800 m/s DV, so it alone would be capable of combat around Minmus or other small moons.

I can still execute this plan by using a smart torpedo on a ship where the core is on the transfer stage, just isn't as cool.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the no ramming rule just there to prevent a ship out of weapons from attacking, and to prevent a sore loser with crappy torpedoes from ramming your ship out of spite? I can either build a ship with one torpedo, and when it fires that torpedo is useless, or build a torpedo attached to a disposable engine that become useless after firing because its dead. I don't see the difference other than my way I don't have ships left all over the place in good shape but useless because they are out of munitions.

If the missile isn't the original core then yes it can be guided.

Go back a few pages and look at ships like PGS Noel. All the yellow RCS fuel tanks are guided missiles. They have probe cores on them, however there not the original part. The original part is a cockpit inside the ship

You still didn't address the issue of why a ship can't be a SINGLE torpedo, it causes none of the game play issues of ramming or using smart torpedoes after the core is destroyed.

After all, you are allowed to use surface to orbit missiles in this manner. Why not a orbit to orbit smart torpedo that counts as a ship by itself so you can't use 50 of them?

You still didn't address the issue of why a ship can't be a SINGLE torpedo, it causes none of the game play issues of ramming or using smart torpedoes after the core is destroyed.

After all, you are allowed to use surface to orbit missiles in this manner. Why not a orbit to orbit smart torpedo that counts as a ship by itself so you can't use 50 of them?

Most surface to orbit missiles are launched from missile launchers with multiple missiles on them.

If you want clarification ask Spartwo

Meh, I just added a decoupler so now when it fires itself at a target after maneuvering and executing a hohmann transfer it leaves the control probe floating behind it.

Now... What are the rules on fighter carriers? :P They're pretty vague throughout the few hundred pages I've read. I've got some super efficient 6t fighters but they only carry two missiles, It would be nice to be able to reload them. Do fighters inside a carrier count as over all ships? And whats with the weird targeting/engagement rules for carriers? Sounds like you cant shoot at a carrier until all its fighters are destroyed... Seems kind of abusive if you cant target the fighters because they are docked deep inside.

If the missile isn't the original core then yes it can be guided.

Go back a few pages and look at ships like PGS Noel. All the yellow RCS fuel tanks are guided missiles. They have probe cores on them, however there not the original part. The original part is a cockpit inside the ship

You've been using guided missiles? Those are only allowed if you're shooting between surface and orbit.

You've been using guided missiles? Those are only allowed if you're shooting between surface and orbit.

That is not stated in the rules, just that your weapons must be fired from under 2.4 kilometers and that they must be fired from the original ship core and used in the same turn they are detattched.

But the rules are a mess at the moment.

That is not stated in the rules, just that your weapons must be fired from under 2.4 kilometers and that they must be fired from the original ship core and used in the same turn they are detattched.

Looks like it got removed from the rules. I had to change all my weapons when it was added in before.

I think its time for a new page. And a reset of the rules.

edit: or the most active players get together and vote on the rules for this (or a new) page. That way we can try to eliminate any questions new players can come up with

Edited by War Eagle 1