Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

@spartwo and dameoncaaprix so what do ya think of it? Impressive armor? It's certainly as good as any of your armor... and that makes me feel good :D

And i am glad i don't have to look at another pitiful image of a Drek Splitting into peices at the smallest shot.

I think we need to have an atmospheric battle, I have so many planes that it's silly.

Only one plane can be in the air at a time. It would be really tedious. Maybe allow infinite fuel since you'd have to take off and land every single turn.

so, now that i found the secret to making tough ships, i do refits, should anyone need their ships to be stronger :D

No charge, I love rebuilding ships (that's why there are 14 versions of the Drek)

so anycomment on my crazy/stupid idea? should I just stop while I'm ahead? anyway basicly my thought was that ship armor can be dameged right? so if you cna remove just the dameged portion then you can still use the craft. basicly it's exyer to send 10 tons into space instead of 1000 tons that and well you can add more layers as needed...thoughts?

so anycomment on my crazy/stupid idea? should I just stop while I'm ahead? anyway basicly my thought was that ship armor can be dameged right? so if you cna remove just the dameged portion then you can still use the craft. basicly it's exyer to send 10 tons into space instead of 1000 tons that and well you can add more layers as needed...thoughts?

...Im gonna tell ya. The new Drek is armored by a single layer of armor, and it can take more than a lot of double armored ships.

that being said, i think if you had 5-10 of those modular plates on your ship it would be well covered, but only in those areas. there would be holes between armor at angles, and the only way to fix that would be to build a square ship. not exciting :P

That's my two cents.

@spartwo and dameoncaprix so what do ya think of it? Impressive armor? It's certainly as good as any of your armor... and that makes me feel good :D

And i am glad i don't have to look at another pitiful image of a Drek Splitting into pieces at the smallest shot.

It's good but i'll be impresed with 0 damage no takers yet.There's a limit to what armor can do (with a reasonable part count)you've reached it.In light of recent developments certain strategic holes will be patched up

Edited by Spartwo

It's good but i'll be impresed with 0 damage no takers yet.There's a limit to what armor can do (with a reasonable part count)you've reached it.In light of recent developments certain strategic hoes will be patched up

No one can do a perfect armor job. I mean, there are weak spots on everyone's ships. Mine are on the sides, Spartwo and FallingIntoBlack are on the front. Everyone has one, it's just thier job to hide them well.

Also, anyone bounce off the Drek's armor? it's strongest from the front and back, because it's so thin there is nothing to hit from the front (except the conning tower)

no one can do a perfect armor job. I mean, there are weak spots on everyone's ships. Mine are on the sides, spartwo and fallingintoblack are on the front. Everyone has one, it's just thier job to hide them well.

Also, anyone bounce off the drek's armor? It's strongest from the front and back, because it's so thin there is nothing to hit from the front (except the conning tower)

Don't tell them where my weak spot is!

No one can do a perfect armor job. I mean, there are weak spots on everyone's ships. Mine are on the sides, Spartwo and FallingIntoBlack are on the front. Everyone has one, it's just thier job to hide them well.

Also, anyone bounce off the Drek's armor? it's strongest from the front and back, because it's so thin there is nothing to hit from the front (except the conning tower)

So behind the intake and rear cap?@above I haven't even seen them only weapons.