Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

Please define: "No fragmentation of the ammunition."

The ammunition doesn't fall to pieces.

Here's an example of the kind I'm working on right now:

http://www./view/a1fzlxno1cbhp0l/daeCorp_-_Experimental_Atmo_MAC_Pistol.craft

To fire, set throttle to maximum. Manually decouple the stack decoupler on one of the bullets to let it fall into place. Tap the "1" key to activate the engine, then hit "1" again right away to save fuel.

Please define: "Bullets", please define: "Gun", I am sorry, I do not wish to offend you.

lol okay

The "gun" in this case is the MAC weapon.

The "bullets" are the little ballistic missiles it fires.

A bullet differs from a typical missile in that it has no propulsion of its own.

Don't ask me why it doesn't work. It just doesn't.

I get the feeling you've never actually seen one in action. What you described is logical, but it doesn't describe the results of actual experimentation. There is no fragmenting of the ammunition, for example.

I had a M.A.C but it beame inaccurate in .21 because aerospikes got nerfed.It could blow the spirit of kerbin wide open in one hit,and it carried 13 shots.M.A.Cs can have results which by far surpass conventional weapons and be far smaller.It just takes alot of effort is all.

Alright, why would you have to deal with fragmentation on a missile?

You wouldn't. That's why it's odd to even bring it up. missiles generally don't just fall apart.

Okay never mind. I misread your original post.

You're right that mass is more important than relative velocity. Guns are just cool.

Edited by daemonCaptrix

You wouldn't. That's why it's odd to even bring it up. missiles generally don't just fall apart.

That does get me wondering.

What do you think the affects of a guided fragmentation missile would be?

Build up speed then at the last second, separate parts from it with radial separators

Build up speed then at the last second, separate parts from it with radial separators

They're crap. lol

I tinkered with one once, but somehow it caused all the littler missiles to live up to their name and miss.

Me and my partner have been experimenting with a different mechanism to produce the same effect, but it has proven ineffective.

Edited by Shadow Lane

The mind of an ADHD person is truly amazing

What if we did something like ball and chain like what pirates fired out of cannons sometimes

File:Bar_shot_fort_nelson.JPG

the design should be simple

one engine in the middle builds up speed,

then two engines (probably SRB) on the side (facing opposite directions) fire to create a spinning motion?

Considering space ships don't have masts, I'm not sure what use it would have.

If it is as devastating as I hope it would be it would act like a normal missile but far more spread out. So it would be like hitting it with three shots for the price of one

While it would be cool to experiment with, its practicality would be low as its almost triple the mass of a single missile

Again pressure,If the force hits a wider area the ship will flex less making it less likely for connections to break.

EDIT:I think all military ships are nuclear,even sickles have an RTG and they weigh 1 ton.