Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

yes i managed it just letting you know if you had not launched it yet. No RCS either not that you need it it is quite maneuverable as it is but docking is a bit difficult with no RCS and an external docking port. Missiles are very fun to play with though :). And i can't get over the look of it. Sexy like a medieval weapon.

Sorry. Was having technical difficulties with a new design. Setting up now.

Parameters:

Battle will take place in the large crater in Kerbin's Western ocean. Ships can go anywhere within the ring of land, but not outside or on land.

Fleets can be no more than five ships, with a maximum combined displacement of 300t.

Zekes wins. He always wins. :P

Edit:

This is taking a little longer than expected. Ocean ships have to come to a complete stop in order to save.

To easily find Hyper Edit coordinates use http://www.kerbalmaps.com/

Edit:

The daeCorp fleet arrives in position.

u6tXiim.png

Persist:

http://www./view/e1y3i3yiubqgfuw/persistent.sfs

Zekes, you setting up? I posted this late last night, so it may have gotten lost in this afternoon's posting frenzy.

The problem with that is most of our ships are set up to have a Kerbal look out the window (for cosmetic purposes), plus with a kerbal in the command pod if its set up like it is on my Salvation MkII, the the controls are different.

Your ships however don't act like that due to them being build inside the ship.

It really seems like there should be a rule requiring the original command module be manned by a Kerbal. This may not be RP, but it's still ridiculous to blow up a ship's bridge, only to have its AI take revenge.

I agree with this, most of my ships have at least 6 probe cores due to the guided missiles but the ship should count as out once the kerbled sections are destroyed. Or is the ship is designed as robotic make sure you designate which probe core counts as the bridge. :)

The problem with that is most of our ships are set up to have a Kerbal look out the window (for cosmetic purposes), plus with a kerbal in the command pod if its set up like it is on my Salvation MkII, the the controls are different.

Your ships however don't act like that due to them being build inside the ship.

I can put mine inside the ship because I think most of the IVA models look terrible, and the windows don't make any sense. It's better to have the "head" of my ships made of something more aesthetically attractive, anyway.

I agree with this, most of my ships have at least 6 probe cores due to the guided missiles but the ship should count as out once the kerbled sections are destroyed. Or is the ship is designed as robotic make sure you designate which probe core counts as the bridge. :)

Actually, the first command module attached to a ship is where the target diamond centres. When that's removed or destroyed, it's apparent. According to the rules, if that part is removed or destroyed, the ship is considered "dead".

Edited by daemonCaptrix

Again the problem with this is that may people who use lander cans like me and Zeke will have to completely redesign our ships.

No, just amend the rule.

Allow the use of an AI computer, but require at least one Kerbal. When either the AI computer or the Kerbals are no longer attached to the ship, it's dead.

I do see the problem though, in that your conning towers that make your ships look like ships are by their necessary location, vulnerable.

Edit:

Of course, you could always build mini Star Destroyers like Spartwo or Warbirds like I do. :P

Edited by daemonCaptrix

No, just amend the rule.

Allow the use of an AI computer, but require at least one Kerbal. When either the AI computer or the Kerbals are no longer attached to the ship, it's dead.

I do see the problem though, in that your conning towers that make your ships look like ships are by their necessary location, vulnerable.

However that means that if the kerbal part is knocked off then a perfectly alive ships is considered dead.