General tips for construction in the SPH/VAB

Hello All,

I have been playing KSP for a little while and I am starting to get further along in the learning curve. However after having a browse through the Rovers megathread I was full of inspiration and ready to get started on a sweet rover design. however i found it a little difficult to construct one in the SPH. The main issue I had was when I was trying to connect two structural plates end to end. Trying to get the plate to connect flat required the most miniscule of mouse movements. It seems in the central point of the structural plates there is a tiny little point there that allows a lot of different connection axis options. However to do something like connect them end to end is pretty frustrating.

Am I missing something here? Like a lock rotation key, to allow me to place them in the right position? I see designs of rovers that have heaps of these plates put end to end. Or are you fulla's just some really persistent and patient lads?

I know about the shift key to move in 5 degree increments.

Any help or advice if of course much appreciated, and feel free drop any hints and tips you use for construction. whether it is in the SPH or VAB. :cool:

So far as I know, it's all in the wrist... You just have to finesse it. The only time parts will "Lock" into a specific spot is when you put the green checkered connector nodes together. I'm a bit new myself, so I could be wrong, of course.

The hexagon/circle "snap to angle" button can change placement ease often. In the "smooth" mode you have better control over orientation but no real snap lock to attachment position and vice-e-verza.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.