Grid and Snap to

A mode to make x,y and z lines with different colours of our choosing that we could snap parts to would make the game much more pleasant and balanced.

Perhaps even a grid, but anything to make the parts easier to make sure they are symmetrical

Being able to make a whole plane to snap to would be nice too.

Edited by Sium
Added

definitely it would be nice to have any align snap marks, for simple:

1- select existing part

2- with new-another part placing will be shown axe for borders of the first one

sometimes is hard to place different parts (which are not symetric-group to each other) in same level.., there is plenty space in editor (VAB..) where can be placed buttons for that for optional disable at all...

• 4 months later...

I just spent the best part of christmas, modelling a couple of struts and multidirectional joints/nodes to connect them. I encountered this connection issue while using the stationHub stockpart but didn't think much of it until I tried to get my own T, L or X-shaped nodes connected... at least I know now that the error is not in my cfg.

I can't open Tw1's link for some reason so my idea might be similar, but what about the possibility to select two nodes manually and telling KSP to connect them? So let's say we have an active project with a node facing x, we could select the node facing -x on a stationHub for example, press "c" and the hub just snaps to it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.