Please work on lagg for the next update...

Hi,

I am fairly new to this game well been playing on and off for 3 months and finally put out a forum post.. :')

1st thing I tried to do is build a decent space station, The Kerbal national space exploration science station (KNSESS for short), I thought hey it would be cool to have a station that looks like a space station, but when I go to it to transfer crew its way laggy to laggy to do a crew transfer unless i leave it all night.. :D

I was wondering if there's a plan to tackle the lag, better sooner then later when it may create a larger amount of code changes imo..

Its not a cpu, ram issue or gpu issue..

programming

edit: clarify, a simple program is designed so badly that it uses ~10% of 1 core on my 3.8 ghz cpu and it constantly locks up.

I am not saying that KSP is optimized, not by a long shot, but others have space stations. Why is yours a problem?, if not for your machine?

The ocean can cause slow downs, but in general performance is limited by your CPU and the part count of the crafts you are flying.

I would love to have better performance and more efficient use of multi-core CPU's, but I wouldn't expect much in the near future. For now you just have to learn to be very efficient with part counts. And if KSP really is somehow using only 10% of one core then you have something seriously wrong with your system.

I am not saying that KSP is optimized, not by a long shot, but others have space stations. Why is yours a problem?, if not for your machine?

sorry I wasn't clear enough, I meant another program, not ksp related, locks up for no reason.

• 2 weeks later...

16 GB ram, AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb onboard graphics dedicated ram with 8 core CPU running at 4.2 ghz, runs every game in ultra settings, does me for my graphics design and website creation.

So no i can not see it been my rig.. :D

I can verify that on my machine, with the exact same hardware and settings used for both of them, the performance in 0.21 is slower than in 0.20. This is a disturbing trend. It would be nice if there was a *separate* graphics setting control for oceans' detail that was independent of the normal terrain detail setting. (This is because the terrain detail can hide easter eggs if too low, but the major cause of terrain lag is the relatively flat oceans and not the bumpy terrain.)

I can verify that on my machine, with the exact same hardware and settings used for both of them, the performance in 0.21 is slower than in 0.20. This is a disturbing trend. It would be nice if there was a *separate* graphics setting control for oceans' detail that was independent of the normal terrain detail setting. (This is because the terrain detail can hide easter eggs if too low, but the major cause of terrain lag is the relatively flat oceans and not the bumpy terrain.)

There is one. You just have to go into the actual settings.cfg file to change it. But I agree, if they can't do something about the way oceans are rendered, they could at least add a separate setting control for it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/43253-Default-Terrain-Quality-Without-most-of-The-Lag%21

I have noticed something completely different from what seems to be everyone else. In 0.20, a screenshot like this would just kill my frame rate, but in 0.21, I could look at the horizon without much lag at all.

There is one. You just have to go into the actual settings.cfg file to change it. But I agree, if they can't do something about the way oceans are rendered, they could at least add a separate setting control for it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/43253-Default-Terrain-Quality-Without-most-of-The-Lag%21

Thank you. This will come in handy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.