Leandros R-2 Long Range Rover

Soul

sh927mU.jpg

I'd like to introduce myself with this post. I am Soul and I've started a Kerbal Design Firm called Puma Design. This is our first vehicle and I'd love any feedback. We've tested it extensively on the Mun and would love to see and hear of any of your adventures with it on other planets/moons. The .craft file comes with the Rover and a Launch Vehicle that'll get it to the Mun, but feel free to modify it to go beyond!

Anwyay, I present the Leandros R-2.

Full gallery here http://imgur.com/a/RokBk#hwPbNvs

Kerbal Space Port download: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ruggedself-flippingexplorationvehicle/

Thanks for checking it out!

I don't want to be critical but:

''The one downside is that you need fuel to be able to flip yourself back over. However, we've added a Clamp-O-Tron Jr. docking port to the top of the rover to enable refueling missions. (Refueling vehicle still in development stage).'' from your imgur

So where is this clampotron again when I have flipped your rover? aaah.. crap :-/

One gripe. Your thread lists the vehicle as [sTOCK] but I try to load it and I'm missing part "EngineerChip". I'm assuming that's from kerbal engineer? Might want to find that part and remove it to keep the [stock] tag.

One gripe. Your thread lists the vehicle as [sTOCK] but I try to load it and I'm missing part "EngineerChip". I'm assuming that's from kerbal engineer? Might want to find that part and remove it to keep the [stock] tag.

Oh crap you're totally right... I'll fix that this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up.

you should remove the engineer chip to make it stock.

Done. I removed the chip (which was a difficult process in itself as I had it hidden very well hahaha... was sort of fun tearing the vehicle apart to try and find it again.) Anyway. The Kerbal Engineer chip has been removed and it is 100% stock as advertised!

Thanks for the heads up on that one guys. The file has been updated on the Kerbal SpacePort link and you should have no problems loading it as is. Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.