Bought KSP, cannot play it.

Alyxm

Hello, I recently purchased KSP and yet I cannot play it, none of their download sources work, here is the receipt of purchase, Order Details:

Order ID: 5****

Product: Kerbal Space Program

Amount: 18 USD

Download Link: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspstore/productdl.php

Please keep this email as a reference to your purchase.

If you have any questions, you can visit our FAQ page, use our contact page or just reply to this email.

Happy Launchings!!

Ive contacted them directly and have heard nothing for two days... this is ridiculous I buy the game, now I cant play it anymore.

does the game load?

or in other words...does you computer do anything after you doubleclicked the KSP.exe?

if so... try to attach your log to SQUAD as well

--

i know that feeling when you buy a game and you cant play it...

i ran into the same thing earlier today when i bought sacred 2 and saints row 3 on humble bundle and they didnt load. because of a stupid PhysX engine problem.

and i was so frustrated since i am using an ATI card...i was like WTF i am with ATI and they require PhysX? how am i gonna solve that?

--

hope u get a swift reply from them here if not from formal emails

From what I read, the main Developers are on vacation, some still may be around to help though.

If you hold on to the code for logging in, you can sign in and download any time, so I recommend doing that.

One of the main reasons I did it too x3

That doesnt work for everyone. For example i put the KSP folder on dropbox so it easily synchronizes everything between my PC and laptop. Ill keep away from the steam version as long as possible. :P

Anyway, the download works fine, its just a different link than the one you got in your email. Check your profile (upper right on https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/), and download it from there.

Hmm I dont think all of you get it, when I go onto the KSP website, put in my details, log in, go to the downloads, whatever its called, click on the version I want, eg windows... nothing happens, it links to me to a page but nothing downloads. Nothing. Tried changing it to steam, but that didn't work either, nothing works.

So the purchase is listed, but you can't download it? Could you try disabling any add-ons you have for your browser and perhaps try using a different one?

I just tried downloading my copy from the Store. The download URL is different from what is linked above, but it works just fine. Have you got any sort of adblocker enabled that could be blocking the download for some reason?

That doesnt work for everyone. For example i put the KSP folder on dropbox so it easily synchronizes everything between my PC and laptop. Ill keep away from the steam version as long as possible. :P

Anyway, the download works fine, its just a different link than the one you got in your email. Check your profile (upper right on https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/), and download it from there.

No reason you couldn't also do that with the Steam version as it doesn't require Steam to play. The only real difference between the two versions are which servers you are getting your updates from.

So the purchase is listed, but you can't download it? Could you try disabling any add-ons you have for your browser and perhaps try using a different one?
Tried that, tried it on anothers computer using another browser on another isp... still nothing. BOO! Started to get kind of peeved off now.

No reason you couldn't also do that with the Steam version as it doesn't require Steam to play. The only real difference between the two versions are which servers you are getting your updates from.

Steam does automatically update, though I turned that feature off. I've also heard that you can revert to an earlier version of the game on steam but I don't know about that for sure.

Didnt know that, thanks. Will be keeping it seperate for now though. :)

No reason you can't do that with Steam -- it's exactly what I do, using symlinks (ln -s on Linux, mklink on Windows) to keep my saves and parts folder synchronized between the three computers I play KSP on, while still letting Steam auto-update the game.

It can be a pain when they significantly restructure things (looking at you, .20!), but that doesn't happen often and is the type of stuff I normally deal with on a daily basis anyway, so it doesn't bother me. You could always symlink the entire KSP directory, or even use Steam's Libraries feature to just put the entire KSP directory into your Dropbox folder if you want (I still have to scrap my old saves, mods, and parts that no longer work for .21 (wasn't using them anyway, so no sense waiting for them to be updated), so I may switch to this in the process as well).

You have likely run into a firewall/ browser security issue. As was suggested, disable all add-ons in your browser, or even simpler than that, install a new browser, fresh just for this task. If you are using firefox, dl chrome and try it, There are other issues like this that can make having multiple browsers a useful tool for working around issues/incompatibilities.

Edit: Yeah, dont bother removing/re-adding all of your addons, just try a fresh browser (and possibly make an inbound/outbound rule for it if you're using windows firewall).

Ummm...he says he paid $18, and that looks like a store receipt not a steam one.

I paid $18 from the store, and the price went up from that before it went on steam. That was back in like 0.16 I think, and it went up not long thereafter.

I'm guessing it's just a really old email and the links in it are rotted, nothing more.

KSP is pretty unique in that it is not "tied" to Steam. It runs without Steam running, and it will run outside of Steam's directory structure.

That's actually not that uncommon, particularly with things like MMOs that go through their own launcher and don't rely on steam for updates.

Other things do it too, particularly older ones.

Have you checked your e-mail again? If you tried to switch to steam... they e-mail you a key I think... Or the key appears in your store account and downloads through the store are then disabled...

So if you were having problems with the store download... pressing the switch to steam button would mean that the store will never work as a download source again...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.