Yet another un-edumacated no0b

H3LLscythe

Hi there, I've been playing KSP for a while now, and i would just like to say that it is easily the most addicting game i've ever played.

I know nothing of the witchcraft that is coding, but in my humble opinion, this is the best designed game of all time.

PRAISE BE TO SQUAD!!!!

Also, and I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but what is delta v??

H3LLscythe:wink:

Delta-v (dV) is basically delta velocity = how much velocity you can get from the spacecraft... e.g. you're in orbit, orbiting at 2300 m/s with 1500 m/s of delta-v left... this means that you can speed up to 3800 m/s until you run out of your fuel... :)(there is approx. 850 m/s dV needed to transfer to the Mün from Kerbin orbit)

So we could say that dV is basically the difference between your velocity before you start the burn and the velocity after the burn (should you burn up all of your fuel)

However, welcome and enjoy your stay :) he game is indeed very addicting, so hope you're gonna like this awesome community as well :)

Edited by Fyzzi

Welcome!

Delta V basically means change in velocity. This is how much your spacecraft and speed up, or slow down, which determines its ability to change its orbit.

Delta V is the basic measure of a spaceship's capability to get places.