(Taking Suggestions) Any idea's would be helpful.

So i got 16 kerbals on Laythe but they don't have a plane to fly around or a car to drive around. So i built a plane using the "FireSpitter" mod pack(the only mod pack i really use and can be found here> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v5-4-%28August-1st%29-for-KSP-0-21.) For the life of me i can't get it into orbit. let alone get it into a inter-planetary trajectory. If anyone could give me a few pointers on how to get a plane to a new planet please enlighten me. P.S I am horrible again HORRIBLE at space planes or SSTO's so that is not going to really happen for me. Here are the picture. The ".craft" will be posted at the end.

erzEeQF.jpg

And here's the ".craft": https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqc7itxg2lnq34b/Laythe%20plane.craft

"Firespitter Mod Required"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well after thinking for awhile I didn't want to remove anything. Putting the seats in the bomb bay just wouldn't work. I needed 16 seats but only was able to fit 12.

So i built a huge launch stage at the bottom of it. It worked to get it to orbit but the transfer was still short of Delta/v. Then i added a few nervas to the inner stage and that solved the problem for the most part. Anyway here is the ungodly thing lol. it did make it in one piece and ill add a video of the dropping of the car i think it was kinda cool.

Picture one: launcher.

qkgvoi1.jpg

Picture 2: approching Laythe.

ACVvAZn.jpg

Picture 3: Just a little heat! And Jool :)

ieHCbGF.jpg

~Gizmo~

Edited by Gizmosis13

Well, for starters, it seems much too big for what it does. Cutting down on size will help a great deal with making anything an SSTO. For example, you could probably put your seats in the bomb bay along with the rover.

Also, you're going to find it incredibly difficult to make an SSTO with propellers. Turbojets are plenty efficient. If you want to avoid having to worry about fuel, I'd bring a smaller Firespitter electric plane, airship, or helo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.