[AAR] Vengeance: A Journey To Space -- WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY

Mekan1k

Organization suggestion(If you are still accepting.)

Name: Resnat Inc.

Desc: Resnat Inc. is a conglomerate of some of the most wealthy Kerbal families. It's founder, Almit Kermin(Yes, that is spelled correctly. You can't seriously expect there only to be one family line of Kerbals, can you?) envisioned a massive Orbital station around every planet and mun there is in the Kerbol system.

Motto: If it don't got a station yet, we just haven't reached the launch window!

Founders: Almit Kermin, Elsa Ritin, Garo Mattid, and Ichabold Yarsh.

Spokesperson: Gerit Yarsh-Ritin

Specialty: Building orbital stations to ensure further development of the Kerbol system.

Background during stuff(The previous chapters. Choose to use this if you want, it can mean something, or nothing.): Resnat Inc. Has chosen to remain quiet throughout the entire SWARM confrontation. During that time, they worked to develop a space-worthy plane that was quick to launch, easy to fly, could reach to an at the edge of Kerbin SOI orbit, and return. The original purpose of the plane was to launch repair parts and raw materials to the first Orbital Repair Dock and Ship Construction Yard around High Kerbin Orbit. Resnat Inc has existed for years(1.0) but never decided to take part in any major space exploration, until Almit was placed in charge of the main operations. The first ORDaSCY is scheduled to launch in the next couple of years.(Yes, as of the current point in the story.) However, a mission to Eve is currently in the final construction planning stage, and will be ready to launch in a couple on months.

Note: I'll have the craft files and some pictures soon. But I'm beat and I have to work another 14 hour shift tomorrow in retail. Ah retail, the bane of human existence.

Company Suggestion for New Timeline:

Name: Verolan Space & Aeronautics Ltd.

Desc: Verolan Space & Aeronautics (or Verolan S&A) is a relatively small space company that focuses upon reliability, safety, and low launch prices. As such, their craft have a tendency to look like a somewhat eclectic mix of SpaceX designs (launchers mostly) and Russian designs. It's founder, Verolan Altarez, envisioned a world where someone could be born on Kerbin and die of old age on Duna, with the overall cost of the flight from Kerbin to Duna being no more than a first class airline ticket.

Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera (Translation from latin: Through Difficulty, To the Stars)

Founders: Verolan Altarez

Spokesperson: Verolan Altarez

Specialty: If you want interplanetary spacecraft or space stations on the cheap, without sacrificing functionality or safety, Verolan S&A is the company to call.

Background (during previous chapters. Your choice if you want to use this): Verolan S&A was started 1 year ago, and up until now they have been well below the radar of the KSA. However, 3 months ago they launched their Harrier 1 (Falcon 1) rocket into orbit carrying a small satellite and safely returning both of it's spent stages to the launch site. This has intrigued some of the more important officials at KSA due to the cost savings achieved. Verolan S&A have begun work on two launchers, the Harrier 9 lifter (with both crew and cargo variants) and the Harrier Heavy lifter (cargo only). Their first launches are projected to be in 2 and 3 months respectively.

Spacecraft concepts:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Note: The only reason I'm not calling these rockets by their real world names is because my logic states that great minds think alike, and the engineers at Verolan S&A would have hit on the same idea as SpaceX. LazTek's mod is theirs and theirs alone. Also, all images were taken in 0.22

Edited by Fox62
0.22 is not as good as 0.23

Companies again? What? Or is this a random thing?

Basically, when Jeb, Bill, and Bob went back in time, the companies probably got reset. As such, they need to re-appear. Besides, corporate entities in space makes sense.

wow i get back after a short hiatus, and have several great chapters to read. wow. Keep up the good work, and can't wait for the next series.

Thanks- I hope not to disappoint.

I will surely check when it comes! Great series! You have talent.

Thank you!

And are you accepting new organizations still? Because i wanted to create one that focses mostly on science and a bit on supplying too. Can i?

Yes- Not all of them are going to be accepted, but more organizations

Organization suggestion(If you are still accepting.)

Name: Resnat Inc.

Desc: Resnat Inc. is a conglomerate of some of the most wealthy Kerbal families. It's founder, Almit Kermin(Yes, that is spelled correctly. You can't seriously expect there only to be one family line of Kerbals, can you?) envisioned a massive Orbital station around every planet and mun there is in the Kerbol system.

Motto: If it don't got a station yet, we just haven't reached the launch window!

Founders: Almit Kermin, Elsa Ritin, Garo Mattid, and Ichabold Yarsh.

Spokesperson: Gerit Yarsh-Ritin

Specialty: Building orbital stations to ensure further development of the Kerbol system.

Background during stuff(The previous chapters. Choose to use this if you want, it can mean something, or nothing.): Resnat Inc. Has chosen to remain quiet throughout the entire SWARM confrontation. During that time, they worked to develop a space-worthy plane that was quick to launch, easy to fly, could reach to an at the edge of Kerbin SOI orbit, and return. The original purpose of the plane was to launch repair parts and raw materials to the first Orbital Repair Dock and Ship Construction Yard around High Kerbin Orbit. Resnat Inc has existed for years(1.0) but never decided to take part in any major space exploration, until Almit was placed in charge of the main operations. The first ORDaSCY is scheduled to launch in the next couple of years.(Yes, as of the current point in the story.) However, a mission to Eve is currently in the final construction planning stage, and will be ready to launch in a couple on months.

Note: I'll have the craft files and some pictures soon. But I'm beat and I have to work another 14 hour shift tomorrow in retail. Ah retail, the bane of human existence.

This seems well thought-out.

Company Suggestion for New Timeline:

Name: Verolan Space & Aeronautics Ltd.

Desc: Verolan Space & Aeronautics (or Verolan S&A) is a relatively small space company that focuses upon reliability, safety, and low launch prices. As such, their craft have a tendency to look like a somewhat eclectic mix of SpaceX designs (launchers mostly) and Russian designs. It's founder, Verolan Altarez, envisioned a world where someone could be born on Kerbin and die of old age on Duna, with the overall cost of the flight from Kerbin to Duna being no more than a first class airline ticket.

Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera (Translation from latin: Through Difficulty, To the Stars)

Founders: Verolan Altarez

Spokesperson: Verolan Altarez

Specialty: If you want interplanetary spacecraft or space stations on the cheap, without sacrificing functionality or safety, Verolan S&A is the company to call.

Background (during previous chapters. Your choice if you want to use this): Verolan S&A was started 1 year ago, and up until now they have been well below the radar of the KSA. However, 3 months ago they launched their Harrier 1 (Falcon 1) rocket into orbit carrying a small satellite and safely returning both of it's spent stages to the launch site. This has intrigued some of the more important officials at KSA due to the cost savings achieved. Verolan S&A have begun work on two launchers, the Harrier 9 lifter (with both crew and cargo variants) and the Harrier Heavy lifter (cargo only). Their first launches are projected to be in 2 and 3 months respectively.

Spacecraft concepts: [PICS]

Note: The only reason I'm not calling these rockets by their real world names is because my logic states that great minds think alike, and the engineers at Verolan S&A would have hit on the same idea as SpaceX. LazTek's mod is theirs and theirs alone. Also, all images were taken in 0.22

The story would not be the same without Verolan Aerospace.

Companies again? What? Or is this a random thing?

Also, you have used Sunbeamz in the past, you ever considered the lazor system and or weapons?

I use sunbeams, and I have considered the missiles as well- but getting camera angles on the missiles is hard.

The companies are a... Progression of the story- people can come up with ideas and impact the event-line of the narrative, often causing different outcomes than the ones I had planned. NFI would not have been friendly without a specific number of companies existing, and the SWARM would not have won twice without the intervention of said companies.

Basically, when Jeb, Bill, and Bob went back in time, the companies probably got reset. As such, they need to re-appear. Besides, corporate entities in space makes sense.

Indeed- business in space makes sense, and is awesome.

Ok my company: (but you must remember- our engineers build good rockets, sometimes really good, but they are mostly ugly)

Company name: Ferlock's Science and Supply Ko. (FSS)

Company Crator and Company Badass: Ferlock Kerman

Motto: There is something strange in the space, who you gonna call? FERLOCK KERMAN! (thumbs up for an easter egg)

Year of foundation: 1969

Spaceships: Dancer In The Night (a rover, pics coming soon when i figure ou how to take screenshots), The Pancake ( a supplying ship), Attack from the Darkness (since bad times are there, there must be an armed ship everywhere!), more coming soon

Engineer: Geofming Kerman (He is completely un-artistic)

Diplomat: Seegee Kerman (another badass, but not a true-badass)

Specialty: Mainly rovers, small supplying ships, and space stations, because everybody loves them

Background: FSS was first creating some bigger and better RTG's, when they realised that it is possible to build a nuclear engine (year 1978), they looked far into space and started to create small, not-capable-really-long-journeys, explorating and scientific ships. They were almost bankrupt for 7 times, so they're always looking for new ideas, and blueprints from other companies.

PS: Do you have Interstellar Mod? Because i have lots of nice ideas of reactors etc. And also FSS can make lifters, when in need of.

Edited by cziken20

Ehh... I can't make my warship, with lazor system. I realised that lazor system mod, (not sunbeam) is doing bad things with my KSP, like all words disappearing, etc.

Anyways, Geofming found an artist in himself, and now is in creating frenzy, he just made anew station called "Shattered Glass", pics coming soon!

Ok my company: (but you must remember- our engineers build good rockets, sometimes really good, but they are mostly ugly)

Company name: Ferlock's Science and Supply Ko. (FSS)

Company Crator and Company Badass: Ferlock Kerman

Motto: There is something strange in the space, who you gonna call? FERLOCK KERMAN! (thumbs up for an easter egg)

Year of foundation: 1969

Spaceships: Dancer In The Night (a rover, pics coming soon when i figure ou how to take screenshots), The Pancake ( a supplying ship), Attack from the Darkness (since bad times are there, there must be an armed ship everywhere!), more coming soon

Engineer: Geofming Kerman (He is completely un-artistic)

Diplomat: Seegee Kerman (another badass, but not a true-badass)

Specialty: Mainly rovers, small supplying ships, and space stations, because everybody loves them

Background: FSS was first creating some bigger and better RTG's, when they realised that it is possible to build a nuclear engine (year 1978), they looked far into space and started to create small, not-capable-really-long-journeys, explorating and scientific ships. They were almost bankrupt for 7 times, so they're always looking for new ideas, and blueprints from other companies.

PS: Do you have Interstellar Mod? Because i have lots of nice ideas of reactors etc. And also FSS can make lifters, when in need of.

No- I try not to use the KSP Interstellar mod.

The parts require ALOT of ram to run, and all my current mods I use are more 'conventional'.

I created a screenshot Dancer In the Night is here! As i said Geofming i really un-artistic.

http://i.imgur.com/ERt55RE.jpg?1

And also- do you have TAC life support or any other life supporting mod?

I like the rover, but I don't use life-support mods. I do, however, try to fit porkjet's inflatable habitats wherever I can, and use centrifuges as often as possible.

Iterstellar Mod and Near Future Propulsion both play a role in Verolan S&A's Interplanetary Craft design's currently.

I don't use wither mod- too much ram use.

OOOH GREAT, i LOVE those nuclear reactors! And i can add some new things to my resupplying ship! Yes, YES, and YES

Um....

The first design of the Altair-1 Spacecraft is under going simulation.

Ok- I love to see pics.

Ehh... I can't make my warship, with lazor system. I realised that lazor system mod, (not sunbeam) is doing bad things with my KSP, like all words disappearing, etc.

Anyways, Geofming found an artist in himself, and now is in creating frenzy, he just made anew station called "Shattered Glass", pics coming soon!

The sunbeam mod is stand-alone: I don't know if this is helpful, but I might be able to tell you which mods you use are not 'playing properly' with each other.

The Altair 1 spacecraft has been cancelled and is undergoing redesign due to several failures in the proposed propulsion and power generation systems. (VASMIR engines and NFP's MX-1 Reactor, KI 3.75m reactor and generator)

Ufff... Good that i didn't created a big electiricty module for my station yet...

And another question, do you have ScanSat? Geofming, (and other engineers, but nobody cares about them) has nice ideas of scanning sattelites.

Edited by cziken20

Companies again, you say? Well, Pili Industries was just starting to take big steps into space at the time. Our research team had done some research into gravioli fields and they decided to study the gravioli fields of other planets and moons. (Include this in a story if you wish Mek.) After the events of the current story, Jeb noticed our research efforts and graciously granted us permission to the KSC launch pad to launch the interplanetary gravioli scanner probes we built.

Pictures to come in a week or two, on vacation right now.

Hello, and welcome to Resnat Inc. I'm Gerit Yarsh-Ritin and I've been permitted to share with you one of our first orbital vessels.

IEMmBAs.jpg

3OmSZCy.jpg

p0WWT9P.jpg

n2unqJI.jpg

As you can see, the Stock Orbital Vessel, or SOV, is minimalistic in design, but carries the craft easily into LKO. With a total payload or add on capacity of 1 ton (Weight of your Kerbal friends not included!) we could easily launch a small probe ment to figure out just what in the heck was going on in the skies above. We did not do that. Instead, all current construction resources will be diverted to the construction and launch on the [sTATEMENT REDACTED]. It is my regret that I can not tell you more about the [sTATEMENT REDACTED] but I assure you, it will carry us the the stars and beyond! While we've been slow to reach launch capabilities for our previous plans of the Orbital Space Dock for Every Planet, I assure you we've not forgotten! It is my sincere hope you will all follow us in our journey aboard the [sTATEMENT REDACTED].

[THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS BEEN MODERATED BY RESNAT INC TO AVOID POSSIBLE THREAT FROM AN ORGANIZATION UNKNOWN THAT CURRENTLY CALLS ITSELF, THE SWARM. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE WE HAVE CAUSED AND HOPE WE MIGHT RECTIFY IT BY MAKING THE BLUEPRINTS TO THE SOV AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC. THANKYOU.]

http://www./view/84sa11v0ri96279/Stock%20orbital%20craft_.craft

And can you you tell me if anything looks bad? Here are my mods:

http://i.imgur.com/bFjhWZW.jpg?1

Yes I am using Windows XP, i am still afraid of changing, because i will have to install everything again... and do all the stuff, etc.

Oh- just save the files into a zip, and place it on a flashdrive. Then, upgrade to windows 7 (not 8!) and it should be fine.

Oh, and in my experience, Scansat tended to interfere with the lazors. (I found it interfered with other mods too, but sunbeam is the most noticeable)

Hello, and welcome to Resnat Inc. I'm Gerit Yarsh-Ritin and I've been permitted to share with you one of our first orbital vessels.

http://i.imgur.com/IEMmBAs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3OmSZCy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/p0WWT9P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/n2unqJI.jpg

As you can see, the Stock Orbital Vessel, or SOV, is minimalistic in design, but carries the craft easily into LKO. With a total payload or add on capacity of 1 ton (Weight of your Kerbal friends not included!) we could easily launch a small probe ment to figure out just what in the heck was going on in the skies above. We did not do that. Instead, all current construction resources will be diverted to the construction and launch on the [sTATEMENT REDACTED]. It is my regret that I can not tell you more about the [sTATEMENT REDACTED] but I assure you, it will carry us the the stars and beyond! While we've been slow to reach launch capabilities for our previous plans of the Orbital Space Dock for Every Planet, I assure you we've not forgotten! It is my sincere hope you will all follow us in our journey aboard the [sTATEMENT REDACTED].

[THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS BEEN MODERATED BY RESNAT INC TO AVOID POSSIBLE THREAT FROM AN ORGANIZATION UNKNOWN THAT CURRENTLY CALLS ITSELF, THE SWARM. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE WE HAVE CAUSED AND HOPE WE MIGHT RECTIFY IT BY MAKING THE BLUEPRINTS TO THE SOV AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC. THANKYOU.]

http://www./view/84sa11v0ri96279/Stock%20orbital%20craft_.craft

SWARM: NICE TRY

Oh noooo! Swarm attacks! Quick we must setup our defences! Oh, and i also upload my vessels blueprints.

Dancer In The Night: http://www./view/5ab2m2nbk67jhda/Dancer%20In%20The%20Night.craft

Shattered Glass Modules:

Fuel Module: http://www./view/9tce29ztp4hj250/Shattered%20Glass%20Fuel%20Module.craft

Main Hub: http://www./view/62bhe87vawn0s95/Shattered%20Glass%20Main%20Hub.craft

Electric Module: http://www./view/o633vd0oo8ncdhg/Shattered%20Glass%20Energetic%20Module.craft

Science Module: http://www./view/q75y3hfopq5sorn/Shattered%20Glass%20Science%20Module.craft

Habitation Module: http://www./view/15ik9hzdhaj9d7t/Sahttered%20Glass%20Hab%20Module.craft

And i forgot to ask- wht do you think of my space station?

Edited by cziken20

This is my personal "company". I work with a lot of mods, and the company is a mere outline right now.

Name: NIME. Nianor Imperial Military Expansion

Description: A group of kerbals dedicated to fight The Swarm with their own medicine.

Motto: It can't be done? Challenge accepted!

Achievements: A medium-sized medium-ranged atmospheric VTOL, a two-legged walker with infinite range and articulated joints, sixteen person cruiser, a incomplete(due to the spaceplane hangar eating it) fifty to sixty kerbal cruiser with four nuclear missiles in the underbelly capable of hitting a target anywhere on kerbin, as well as two orbital-drop shock walkers. And those are just Jeb's favorites.

For photos, ask me more about any of the projects. For a list of mods involved in a project, also ask more about it. And my goal really is to create things that others have deemed impractical, impossible, irresponsible, insane, and that's only the "I" section.

So if you need anything that no one else thinks is possible, ring me up. ;)

Also I am relatively good at military projects.

I always like modular space-station designs. (Although I use the infinite RCS cheat for my RCS, as I assume the kerbals will have packed it in anywhere they could fit extra fuel)

This is my personal "company". I work with a lot of mods, and the company is a mere outline right now.

Name: NIME. Nianor Imperial Military Expansion

Description: A group of kerbals dedicated to fight The Swarm with their own medicine.

Motto: It can't be done? Challenge accepted!

Achievements: A medium-sized medium-ranged atmospheric VTOL, a two-legged walker with infinite range and articulated joints, sixteen person cruiser, a incomplete(due to the spaceplane hangar eating it) fifty to sixty kerbal cruiser with four nuclear missiles in the underbelly capable of hitting a target anywhere on kerbin, as well as two orbital-drop shock walkers. And those are just Jeb's favorites.

For photos, ask me more about any of the projects. For a list of mods involved in a project, also ask more about it. And my goal really is to create things that others have deemed impractical, impossible, irresponsible, insane, and that's only the "I" section.

So if you need anything that no one else thinks is possible, ring me up. ;)

Also I am relatively good at military projects.

What is a good design you can think up for defending against a kinetic-kill orbit-ground projectile?

In other news the engines I sort-of-made (they will be used often) are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djyq1bqi5zlmszf/PuffinTech.zip

Requires http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65754-HotRockets!-Particle-FX-Replacement to work properly.

These engines will be used for only the most power-hungry ships (SWARM ships use them). Do not use casually or there might be issues with game-breaking reality and stuff.

OK, backstory aside, here's the stats for my company:

Name: Pili Industries

Founder/CEO: Jeremy Kerman

Field: Gravioli Research and Propulsion Development

Motto: In pursuit of knowledge for the good of all.

Achievements: Self sustaining research station in MKO and and array of exploratory probes dotted around various planets in the system.

Mods Used: B9 Aerospace, Proc. Fairings and Wings, LLL, Leucome's ZPinch Fusion Rocket, Sunbeam Lasers, DYJ's minigun and MechJeb.

Photos to come in a week or two, because as I said, on vacation.

OK, backstory aside, here's the stats for my company:

Name: Pili Industries

Founder/CEO: Jeremy Kerman

Field: Gravioli Research and Propulsion Development

Motto: In pursuit of knowledge for the good of all.

Achievements: Self sustaining research station in MKO and and array of exploratory probes dotted around various planets in the system.

Mods Used: B9 Aerospace, Proc. Fairings and Wings, LLL, Leucome's ZPinch Fusion Rocket, Sunbeam Lasers, DYJ's minigun and MechJeb.

Photos to come in a week or two, because as I said, on vacation.

I look forward to it.

Oh, and before I forget:

Next story thread is up! (Story will start Friday or Saturday)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67070-AAR-BaseCamp-A-Journey-to-Space-WARNING-IMAGE-HEAVY

Subscribe, enjoy the pretty pictures, and take it easy my friends.

Edited by Mekan1k

I always like modular space-station designs. (Although I use the infinite RCS cheat for my RCS, as I assume the kerbals will have packed it in anywhere they could fit extra fuel)

What is a good design you can think up for defending against a kinetic-kill orbit-ground projectile?

In other news the engines I sort-of-made (they will be used often) are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djyq1bqi5zlmszf/PuffinTech.zip

Requires http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65754-HotRockets!-Particle-FX-Replacement to work properly.

These engines will be used for only the most power-hungry ships (SWARM ships use them). Do not use casually or there might be issues with game-breaking reality and stuff.

Oh great, i am going to check those engines right away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.