[AAR] Vengeance: A Journey To Space -- WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY

Mekan1k

Mission to Laythe, followed by a long-term base (to knock out SWARM when they arrive).

EDIT: I'm a practical thinker. And I do remember that the SWARM ships came from the direction of the Jool system, so if there's a manned outpost there already, it may deter SWARM from doing any funny stuff.

Edited by ramnrmeul
To add notes

Some convoluted mix of the three please
A convoluted mix sounds fun, but maybe add some more destinations, to make it even more convoluted.
Mission to Laythe, followed by a long-term base (to knock out SWARM when they arrive).

EDIT: I'm a practical thinker. And I do remember that the SWARM ships came from the direction of the Jool system, so if there's a manned outpost there already, it may deter SWARM from doing any funny stuff.

I agree with ramnrmeul. However, I feel that a base with the boat/submarine mod's nukes might be useful. Also, It needs to look cool.

Um... The swarm is gone- for now at least.

Oh, and I don't use that mod- sorry.

Some convoluted mix of these three.
Agree with ramnrmeul.
Convolutedness, for the win.

also, floating Laythe base?

Well- The aye's have it! Interplanetary bases and missions, coming up.

Do they have nukes yet or are they still working with chemical rockets?

Nukes- they have. These are kerbals after all!

I just do not have the mod-pack by infinitedice, or hooligan lab's stuff.

Edited by Mekan1k

The Swarm were created (by accident) by the Kerbals, and that hasn't happened yet. Unless some SWARM from the alternate timeline manage to follow Jeb they likely won't be coming back.... Unless one snuck onboard the TARDIS?... OR someone foolishly recreates the experiment that made them in the first place

Oooh, now there's something I hadn't thought of. I have to admit I was kind of thinking of it as a sort of ancient artifact, drifting for who knows how long. (Kerbal Ancestors maybe?) But yes, if it's more recent in origin then maybe it's still functional at this early period. Nasty thought!

I mean nuclear rocket engines.

Yes- they have them in the testing phase now.

The Swarm were created (by accident) by the Kerbals, and that hasn't happened yet. Unless some SWARM from the alternate timeline manage to follow Jeb they likely won't be coming back.... Unless one snuck onboard the TARDIS?... OR someone foolishly recreates the experiment that made them in the first place
I'm talking if SWARM ends up being created AGAIN. Either that, or whatever was parked in Kerbin orbit that caused SWARM to be created comes and attacks this time around, because of the rapid advances of Kerbal technology.
Oooh, now there's something I hadn't thought of. I have to admit I was kind of thinking of it as a sort of ancient artifact, drifting for who knows how long. (Kerbal Ancestors maybe?) But yes, if it's more recent in origin then maybe it's still functional at this early period. Nasty thought!
As I said, I'm a practical thinker. And I bet whatever it was ran out of power (milliseconds) before it could reach it's target (AKA Kerbin).

You guys are more right than you know.

The submarine mod missiles may not be in use by you. However, you should play around with them, see how they work, then build some kind of missile base that can strike down stuff in orbit. :D:cool:

I have seen how they work- and I think they are really cool. I have a design for a cluster-shot missile built using romfarer targeting systems and clusters of small missiles.

Because why have one missile when you can have 10?

I have a good memory as well...Odds are that the ship that was seen in Kerbin orbit the first time around is some type of craft designed to monitor the condition of time and space in the vicinity of the Kerbol system and happened to run out of juice near Kerbin because it detected that temporal anomaly in low Kerbol orbit. (I think. I'm just putting my Doctor thinking cap on.)

Nice. But you could build some sort of kinetic design for larger ships with an interior. (I'm working on one right now, it has corridors and stuff.) The missile would hit, go through the armor, and than eject cruise missiles all over the interior.

Nice. But you could build some sort of kinetic design for larger ships with an interior. (I'm working on one right now, it has corridors and stuff.) The missile would hit, go through the armor, and than eject cruise missiles all over the interior.

I like it. Recursive Ammo and Macross Missile Massacre, all in one neat package.

Sorry for the delay everyone, but my internet provider seems to be on the fritz- I am writing this from my phone, and I doubt I will have internet for the next few days.

To compensate, when my internet is up again, expect an extra-long chapter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.