Making the procedural terrain generator to make some flat areas on Duna too

Planes on duna isn't that much of a challenge, u just make them real light :).

As for landing on a rock garden.... in real life.... you could send that bulldozer(RC) or a team of them first to "clear-out" the runway before you arrive. Wish I could do that sort of thin in KSP but we cant change the ground kerbals walk on nore is there any rocks that we can move...

:) I do agree that the landscape of many bodies in the kerbol system could use a few flat spots for putting base stations down. Tis quite a pain getting them to fit snug without it

Edited by KandoKris

Well, there was this plane was proposed to be able to fly on Mars.... but apparently it would have to be flying Mach 1-2 to be able to actually stay in the air, it wouldn't land (well, wouldn't survive it anyway), and it wouldn't be able to even turn, due to the lift loss...

..I wonder if a lighter-than-air probe would be possible.. the pressure is very low, but co2 is a bit more dense - and a high altitude balloon can fly to altitudes with lower pressure...

..I wonder if a lighter-than-air probe would be possible.. the pressure is very low, but co2 is a bit more dense - and a high altitude balloon can fly to altitudes with lower pressure...

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/technology/balloons/

I wish nasa got more funding then we would see more, maybe even a plan to make one

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.