Audio bug in 21.1?

B K

I've noticed since upgrading to 21.1 that I can no longer hear the sound of my engines thrusting when on the map screen. However, I'm sure I heard it there this morning, and later it was gone.

Am I going crazy? Has anyone else had this issue?

Sorry for the double post...my first one didn't show up right away....

mods please delete the earlier thread since this one has replies now.

Edited by B K

yeah, that's an old issue that was fixed at some point but somehow made it's return with the latest update. I think I have read about it in the bugforum already, so squad should be aware of it. It's not only that you can not hear the engines in mapview, you will also have really loud "explosion" sounds from time to time for a short moment while in mapview.

good ol times... I feel like playing .18 again :D

It's a little different than the original version of the bug, but yeah, a similar problem used to exist. The cut-out now is consistent, whereas in the older versions where it happened, the cut-out would suddenly be interrupted by a loud burst of engine noise that trailed off into silence at regular intervals sometimes.

It's a little different than the original version of the bug, but yeah, a similar problem used to exist. The cut-out now is consistent, whereas in the older versions where it happened, the cut-out would suddenly be interrupted by a loud burst of engine noise that trailed off into silence at regular intervals sometimes.

actually, I still have exactly these bursts of engine noise just the same way as in the old bug.

I first noticed it that much after the update to 0.21. Sounds like they are trying to produce stereo sound, with a poor result for me on my headphones, especially on the map screen.

I have a sound related issue but it's a bit different. For some reason I have some sort of audio microstutter on my desktop pc now, not tied to the actual microstutter either. Oddly enough my laptop doesn't have it, but it also has a significantly more annoying standard microstutter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.