White Monkey Kitchenware and SpaceParts Factory - ver 0.4 - HOPE SHUTTLE

sarkun

Large tanks seem to be clipping into each other causing phantom spinning when leaving time compression, consider making your collision meshes a tad bit smaller.

I\'ll try that, but I\'m afraid that smaller collider meshes may make the rockets wobbly. Will run some tests and see what I get.

There\'s a small gap with the SAS module that lets you see the sky through the joins at certain view angles/distances.

The 4x1 mounts don\'t work with symmetry.

I have been trying to fix that ASAS for days :( it actually has attachment nodes INSIDE of the model - but still it seems like the connection isn\'t perfect... damn that ASAS :)

As for the symmetry - I\'ve nailed the symmetry setting required, will be fixed for the next update :)

Downloading. Going to try \'em. :) 0.13 has given me the power.

e: I think there might be a problem with your zip.

I\'ve just downloaded it again and it unpacked fine - what seems to be the problem?

Okay, sorry. Yeah the extra Mac stuff - I could figure that out, but I had problems unpacking it. 'System couldn\'t find the specified file'. I tried downloading it twice. ???

e: Tried again after your change. Works now. :thumbup:

e2: Cool pack. Seems pretty nicely balanced with current standard parts and the subtle curves are a nice addition to most rockets.

Cool pack. Seems pretty nicely balanced with current standard parts and the subtle curves are a nice addition to most rockets.

Glad you like it. The values for thrust, fuel capacity ratios are based on the standard parts and simple math formulas for volume etc. I bumped some of them by really small amounts as a premium for using large parts instead of small ones (less connections, valves, pipes, etc should mean more space for fuel right?).

In other news, I\'ve reworked some of the parts, and will be releasing a small update tonight - with payload fairings :)

EDIT: Done! New version available in the first post for download! Now that I have the basic rocket complete, I think I\'ll do a rehaul of the lander module...

lander_preview.jpg

I\'ve finished the new Baker Lander :)

So a new version of the pack is up for grabs! - Head over to the first post.

The new command pod has half the SAS strength of the standard one - which I feel is perfect for small landers as it allows to control the Baker perfectly while on the Mün - landing, taking off, relocating to a new LZ, landing, taking off... never was so easy :) This however means that there may be trouble controlling the large boost / orbit stages. Personally, I use winglets while in atmo, then switch on the RCS systems.

Baker on the Mün!

lander.jpg

I\'ve finished the new Baker Lander :)

So a new version of the pack is up for grabs! - Head over to the first post.

The new command pod has half the SAS strength of the standard one - which I feel is perfect for small landers as it allows to control the Baker perfectly while on the Mün - landing, taking off, relocating to a new LZ, landing, taking off... never was so easy :) This however means that there may be trouble controlling the large boost / orbit stages. Personally, I use winglets while in atmo, then switch on the RCS systems.

Baker on the Mün!

lander.jpg

Can you upload a screenshot with some manner of lighting? It\'s difficult to see details...

Can you upload a screenshot with some manner of lighting? It\'s difficult to see details...

Sorry for that, I was uploading late at night when everything is a bit crispier. Here\'s the Baker in full light:

baker2.jpg

And yeah, the LK was an obvious source of inspiration, but I wanted the command module even bigger - big enough for 3 kerbals.

Not sure if this is your mod or KSP but I can\'t seem to get the payload fairings to attach while using symmetry. It\'s not placing the second half when using the 2x symmetry.

Besides that, great pack!

Not sure if this is your mod or KSP but I can\'t seem to get the payload fairings to attach while using symmetry. It\'s not placing the second half when using the 2x symmetry.

Sometimes it just does that... no idea why...

Usually, dropping the base back into the parts section and selecting a new one helps. If that also doesn\'t fix it, tray building a new rocket from scratch.

Now that we have fuel lines, so many wonderful things are possible:

Droptanks!

droptank%252520preview.jpg

And they are detachable - so you one can do landing stage on external fuel tanks - and return on the main one :)

Will be in the next update, I want to make small RCS for the Baker too.

Additional parts for the baker are ready. A new RCS Tank (the inspiration comes from CardBoardBoxProcessor\'s excellent designs that I tried to (poorly) imitate here), RCS Pods to go with it and the DropTankSystem - allowing you to have exactly the amount of fuel you want on your lander.

baker_heavy.jpg

Download link as usual in the first post.

This is a cool moment for me - I think I\'ve created almost all part types available in KSP :)

Now I can use that knowledge to build the Hope Vehicle, which was my goal from the start :)

hope-x%2525203.jpg

How do you get the Klamshell Fairing to work? I\'ve tried the Symmetry and this doesn\'t work.

Hmmm, I\'ll have to look into that :/

A trick I found is to first attach some other parts symmetrically (whatever parts will do, get a standard tank and hook 3 others to it), then try the Klamshell - I have no idea why this is necessary, There must be something buggy in the KSP symmetry code...

I\'m thinking that before this gets fixed, I\'ll release the Klamshell as two separate parts rotated by 180?, so that no symmetry is required.