White Monkey Kitchenware and SpaceParts Factory - ver 0.4 - HOPE SHUTTLE

sarkun

Sarkun i think that shuttle would look better with one Engine.

And have you considered modeling it with some traits from the X-34? or perhaps use the russian shuttles engine look? I feel this might make it look more... hmm unique? give it some flare you know? plus X-34 gives you room for a bay :)

X34_3men.jpg

Sarkun i think that shuttle would look better with one Engine.

And have you considered modeling it with some traits from the X-34? or perhaps use the russian shuttles engine look? I feel this might make it look more... hmm unique? give it some flare you know? plus X-34 gives you room for a bay :)

X34_3men.jpg

There will be a bay in this one too, plus some I\'ve got an idea that I haven\'t seen yet on the forums (which may mean it is impossible in the current KSP version LOL) so it will have some unique traits ;-)

The design is based on a shuttle project the Japanese thought up back in the \'80 and finally abandoned in 2003. Some screenies:

[table]

[tr][td] hope-x%2525202.jpg [/td] [td] hope-x%2525203.jpg [/td] [/tr]

[tr][td] hope-x%2525206.jpg [/td] [td] hope-x%2525204.gif [/td] [/tr]

[/table]

So I\'m heavily biased towards a twin-engine / no rudder configuration. However I plan to make more than one set of parts - so that there is some room for configuration, and I definitely could see doing a single engine version...

The engines are real problem - I haven\'t been to get my hands on any designs for those (I don\'t believe they even had made them) so I used the nasa space shuttle OSM nozzles. Might give the Buran a look though.

Needs thicker wings and make it a tad less cyclindical :) Notice in the pictures te top is more Rounded Rectangle than perfect cylinder. This will also allow your wings to attach an blend easier :D

Those are the traits that are lacking in looking at the pictures if you are interested :) Looks nice though :D

Needs thicker wings and make it a tad less cyclindical :) Notice in the pictures te top is more Rounded Rectangle than perfect cylinder. This will also allow your wings to attach an blend easier :D

Those are the traits that are lacking in looking at the pictures if you are interested :) Looks nice though :D

Thanks for the pointers, always appreciated :)

I love this mod. Very nicely put together. Everything seems to work great. The only issue I run into, and I\'m sure it\'s all user related, is that my heavy variant jettisons the fuel pods before the clam-shell base plate is disconnected. Making my pods worthless. Anyone have any thoughts?

I love this mod. Very nicely put together. Everything seems to work great. The only issue I run into, and I\'m sure it\'s all user related, is that my heavy variant jettisons the fuel pods before the clam-shell base plate is disconnected. Making my pods worthless. Anyone have any thoughts?

Glad you like the pack :)

Regarding your problem - you must have messed up your staging sequence:

The Klamshell fairing is a set of three decouplers - 2 radial (vertical bars icon) for the doors and one standard for the base.

The mounts for the droppods are also radial decouplers, so you can jettison them when empty. You must have them earlier in the staging sequence than the Klamshell doors - hence the incorrect dropping. Move them to the near the end and it\'ll be ok.

I will be including some sample craft files again with a new update of the pack that will roll out soon. I\'m swamped with work right now so haven\'t got the time to do a release.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Okay, I\'ve finally managed to finish a couple fixes and updates to Able Class rocket parts that I\'ve been meaning to do for some time, fixed the bug that prevented the Baker Parachute from showing semi-deployed state, and included the changes required for 13.1 fuel line reversal.

I\'ve also included a craft file with the update, this is the rocket I use to get to the Mün and fool around it\'s surface in the Baker Lander. The heavy variant has sooo much fuel to allow for some fun time searching for cool mountains.

Head to the first post for all the goodies.

As for the Hope Vehicle - I\'ve got the basic shape mostly done, I\'ll be splitting it into parts and starting on the details right away. I\'ve gotta think of a better name for it too.

looks good but the wing seems to blend into the body sort of weird. Notice in the real concept art they have it blended in pretty well as if they filled the seam in with caulk and soothed it over with their finger. other than that it looks really nice :D

You mean it should be gentler? Like... a little rounded?

hmm. Maybe. in yours it sort of looks like it pitches down. maybe if it connected straight on it would work more too. of course it scould also be an illusion. Try working with the x-33 that things makes all straight lines look bent because of its angles. lol. damn optical illusions.

Edit: I see you have it in othro veiw. which means it is probably just fine but ortho is displaying to weird. NM :D

Discovered this project at the end of november. Commented on how awesome it is. Now im looking for this again after more than a month. Is easily one of my favorite mod. See you back in another mod:)

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Shuttles. Shuttles everywhere. I think that we\'ve started a new era; we\'ve moved on from the unflyable, for-show shuttles, and we\'re making them work. Tis a good day.

I am still looking for a descent spaceplane for my need (some thing to fly a X-15 flying path).

I am still looking for a descent spaceplane for my need (some thing to fly a X-15 flying path).

I have not even touched the flight characteristics of this one yet...

I honestly have no idea how it will perform.

What I have in my mind now is a setup that will allow a relatively controllable glide path from upper atmosphere with tanks empty, and a very high degree of maneuverability in orbit with quite powerful engines with high gimbal rate and rcs systems.

I plan to model more than one middle section, so that there will be a choice between a cargo carrying version with very little main fuel, and one that will have lots of fuel but nothing else :), and possibly more variants later.

I imagine this craft as a cheap, reusable spacestation resupply vehicle - good payload for small size. The cockpit will also hold more than 3 Kerbals eventually.

I\'m nearly halfway done with the separate parts. A preview may happen tomorrow.

I installed your mod, it\'s great, but only half the fairing cover shows up when I try to use the symmetry, did i miss something?

Yeah, the fairing sometimes refuses to work correctly - the trick I found to work is to first attach something else using symmetry - grab some part and attach it anywhere, then try the fairings. I\'ve got an idea that should fix the fairings once and for all and will release an update for the mod sometime this weekend.

Yeah, the fairing sometimes refuses to work correctly - the trick I found to work is to first attach something else using symmetry - grab some part and attach it anywhere, then try the fairings. I\'ve got an idea that should fix the fairings once and for all and will release an update for the mod sometime this weekend.

I\'ve got sort of the same problem. Your fix doesn\'t work for me. Symetry either doesn\'t work or it does this.

Okay, here\'s the updated fairing - To get it working reliably I had to ditch the base, it is now a surface attachable decoupler. Use 2x symmetry, connect to any 1m part. It is sadly rather wobbly when compared to the previous version, but I guess it\'s better to have a wobbly version rather a non-working one.

I\'ll update the pack later, for now I\'m attaching it to this post.

screenshot9.png