Missle Platform

I am working on building a ground-based missle platform that I can roll around Kerban and shoot at things defend the homefront with. I have a few issues though. First is piloting the missles. My first attempt was remote control pieces on front of each missle and I'd do "Control from here" before launching them. This didn't work out because I would remain in control of the platform as soon as I launched the missle, and by the time I could click on the missle it'd already slammed into the ground.

My next attempt was to try different missle types. SRBs and MFB didn't work either. I then switched to manned kamakazie missles piloted by brave Kerbalnauts. While they all survived the 2 second fight from the platform into the ground, they also couldn't pilot the missles. Am I doing something wrong with trying to control these? They all have wings and control surfaces and yet it still doesn't work.

Secondly, what's the easiest way to rotate a ship piece, such as an SRB, to a 45 degree angel?

Edited by iwishiknew

These [ and ] should work, does it switch to something nearby.? Or do you get the error that there is nothing to switch too.?

The only reason I can think of that you wouldnt be able to control it, is that there is nothing to control. No probe core / capsule. I thought about no power. But then you would still be able to "View" your missile as though you were in control.

I only use stock parts. Currently I have a set up of 2x4 RCS 4-way thrusters and 2x4 RCS 1-way thrusters attached to a tank with a vectoring engine. Gets pretty good, I just need to work on my accuracy. I'm launching them from the rocket platform currently and destroying my missle platform, and now I'm actually getting close.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.