Kerbalized Rockets

Guest Flixxbeatz

Guest Flixxbeatz

As the title says. :)

Some may look awkward, but the most important is its nearness to the original, without the use of dedicated parts packs. :D

ICBM replicas are considered. You can also share yours :D

Ares I (video)

Atlas V

KSP2011-11-2700-53-43-67.jpg

more to come! 8)

Guest Flixxbeatz

Nice replicas man :)

Anyway, here\'s some more:

Delta II Heavy

KSP2011-11-2711-31-05-81.jpg

Delta III

KSP2011-11-2712-13-44-33.jpg

I need to expand my mods arsenal further I guess... *downloads NovaPunch pack*

Guest Flixxbeatz

Delta IV Medium. It\'s basically Delta IV, with six strap-on solids (so it\'s like 2 models in 1 :D) Flies well.

KSP2011-11-2716-19-27-07.jpg

Delta IV Heavy. Oh god...

KSP2011-11-2716-17-17-01.jpg

Can\'t attain flight yet due to

Delta IV (and probably the Heavy one also) would need a Gantry Launch System due to some launchpad stability issues.

you should use radial decouplers & struts, it\'ll fix that issue.

Well, at least for me it worked, with help of radial decouplers & struts i can attach huge SRBs or just Liquid fuel tanks to the sides of my rocket without any trouble

Guest Flixxbeatz

you should use radial decouplers & struts, it\'ll fix that issue.

Well, at least for me it worked, with help of radial decouplers & struts i can attach huge SRBs or just Liquid fuel tanks to the sides of my rocket without any trouble

SRBs don\'t pose any problem at all -- LFEs do.

Look closely at the picture-he has radial decouplers and struts.

there\'s just not enough struts, let me show you how they should be placed. Oh, and you should also place some lander legs, for more stability.

So, they should be placed like this:

681f88891979.jpg

I haven\'t tried to re-create and test it yet, but i have a couple of similar rockets, and this system always works well. At least my rockets don\'t fall apart on the launchpad.

Interesting thread. I had a few contributions in earlier versions ( notably Ares-1 and Gemini-titan ) - I currently have a Delta II version with 6 boosters. Working on releasing my own parts now, I want to make a better Delta IV and Atlas V with parts balanced with stock, as well as the boosters for them.

Imma go try and use what I can to make that thing fly.

Anyways,

New addition: Long March 2E

screenshot5.png

What boosters do you use?

I\'ve made a nice small rocket that is capable of landing on mun and orbiting it. I present to you Insect-class rocket, Luxury Slug I.

Well, after kerz of tries to land on the mun, i\'ve finally managed to do it with this nice little fancy rocket. No .cfg files were editied in progress of building it.

ee9af409f019.jpg

8770a8164b7c.jpg

Guest Flixxbeatz

Nice rocket, but is that your original or replica of a real-life rocket?

Back on topic, here\'s another one.

Ares V

screenshot6.png

Looks like SLS ??? I guess I\'ve overestimated this one :-[

Nice rocket, but is that your original or replica of a real-life rocket?

Well, that\'s my original rocket, i tried to make something small that could get into orbit without big fuel consumption. Well, it hasn\'t just get into kerbin orbit, but landed on the mun... I was really impressed.

Sorry for posting this rocket in the wrong topic...

So, here\'s my replica to R-7 8K72 'Vostok' rocket. Works great in KSP.

661725c588eb.jpg

The biggest disadvantage of this rocket, that SAS can\'t fully take care of controlling the rocket. But soviet russia don\'t need no got damn SAS modules! You have to control rocket with RCS during first stage all the time.

You can check how original looks in Attachments.

So, i\'m proud to present the Dnepr-1 replica(One meter smaller in diameter than original) rocket!It was named after the Dnepr River in Ukraine(by the way i\'m Ukranian, and i live in Dnepropetrovsk, and this rocket was actually built in Dnepropetrovsk.)Dnepr-1 rocket was designed for lifting small payloads into Circular and elliptical orbits of the earth.

Here\'re some pics:

9ea69e68afa7.gif

d85ec0f34db3.jpg

f97793488017.jpg

590c8f73744f.jpg

c659a4e829a6.jpg

And as a bonus, here\'s one hilarious screenshot, this thing has never happened to me before:

a397016345d1.jpg

I\'ve orbited kerbin 7 or so times, but this enginie was still so close... You can see that Bob got paranoyed :D

Imma go try and use what I can to make that thing fly.

Anyways,

New addition: Long March 2E

screenshot5.png

I must be missing a part in this pack, there\'s nothing I have that allows the adapter shroud to align with the 3x12 meter fuel tank. Which is annoying since I want to fly this and tried making a similar design.

Edit: Wait that\'s not even a Challenger Pack fuel tank is it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.