Your Blender/Maya/3dMax/etc fan art section (Animation,Pics,etc)

Supergamervictor

You say easy but how long have you been doing animations? I never have and have only done model which render 2D...

Animations? about 8-10 months.

Plus, there are TONS of tutorials online.

Here's one of my favorite tutorial sites.

http://cgcookie.com/blender/category/tutorials/animation/

That'll take you right to the animation section.

Well since I am new to Blender this is my first very crappy render with it. Me and a friend of mine both worked together to create this WWII B-24 bomber. I havent figured out how to add lighting and change the camera so here it is.

TvyX1SW.png

It is supposed to be all silver as it is just the metal with a clear coat to protect it from weather damage. So technically even though it seems untextured it is! Anyway what do you guys think?

Hey guys, I know this isn't 3D on its own, but I made use of a lot of 3D and Special Effects programs to make this. So if you have a minute or 2 to spare, please check out my short film I made. I've worked crazy hard on it over the last few months.

Its an action film, so don't worry you wont be bored :D

Let me know if you guys have any feedback :)

Well since I am new to Blender this is my first very crappy render with it. Me and a friend of mine both worked together to create this WWII B-24 bomber. I havent figured out how to add lighting and change the camera so here it is. It is supposed to be all silver as it is just the metal with a clear coat to protect it from weather damage. So technically even though it seems untextured it is! Anyway what do you guys think?

For a first render that's not bad ! To change object's position press G then move your mouse around. You can use the arrow to constraint the translation to one axis. R to rotate, tap 2x for trackball rotation. S to scale.

With these 3 shortcuts you can press X, Y or Z afterwards to constraint to the said axis.

hat you can do to improve the scene is to select the light (right-click on it), go to the Lights properties on the Properties panel (the one on the right by default) and change it to sun. Select Ray shadows, and turn up the samples to 10-15. Then re-render and show us :)

@TheAquired

I like it a lot ! The music is nice, it is well played ! SFX are well done too. Just the smoke sim I found there was a bit too much vorticity.

Edited by SolarLiner

For a first render that's not bad ! To change object's position press G then move your mouse around. You can use the arrow to constraint the translation to one axis. R to rotate, tap 2x for trackball rotation. S to scale.

With these 3 shortcuts you can press X, Y or Z afterwards to constraint to the said axis.

hat you can do to improve the scene is to select the light (right-click on it), go to the Lights properties on the Properties panel (the one on the right by default) and change it to sun. Select Ray shadows, and turn up the samples to 10-15. Then re-render and show us :)

@TheAquired

I like it a lot ! The music is nice, it is well played ! SFX are well done too. Just the smoke sim I found there was a bit too much vorticity.

Thank you so much! I've been looking for shortcuts that do the simple stuff like that!

fXE3alF.png

Here is the first render I did a few weeks back:

JiMNef2.png

the second:

q8yZhDQ.png

And here is what I am working on currently:

X62fj7Z.png

I did this all from scratch, using front and side views of a kerbal from kerbalizer. I'm pretty happy with the model so far, however I am not quite sure how to go about adding in a mouth to him. Once I've given him a mouth, I'll add clothes and such. RewDew, how did you add the mouth to your kerbal models?

Thanks,

Universe.

Edited by Universe

Here is the first render I did a few weeks back:

<snips>

I did this all from scratch, using front and side views of a kerbal from kerbalizer. I'm pretty happy with the model so far, however I am not quite sure how to go about adding in a mouth to him. Once I've given him a mouth, I'll add clothes and such. RewDew, how did you add the mouth to your kerbal models?

Thanks,

Universe.

Well, actually didn't make the kerbal model I use now, i got a kerbal basemesh from a user here on the forum, who was lost in the great forum derp of April.

But here's how you can make an easy mouth, that you can tweak if you want, please note it's image heavy.

So here we have a crap, kerbal-like model.

05DxaB1.png

In edit made, i choose where to put the mouth.

7ogGM5X.png

Add an edgeloop, on the face where you want the mouth. HOWEVER, this can also be created using the knife tool. it's your choice

3BX3Z1B.png

Tear him a new one with the rip tool. (shortcut: V)

3awRK7y.png

Use the knife tool to create a loop of vertices around the new hole.

v8KayQl.png

Select this vertex, and rip it.

QOc1Eem.png

ntEpMop.png

Next, extrude the corner vertex, and fill in the faces.

Ooe9ThR.png

8igA9Ye.png

YHipbjL.png

Now, grab the vertices around the mouth edge, and fill them in.

Extrude the new face back, and size it up along the Z axis.

And lastly, tweak until perfection.

ULB3jfB.png

uRQADB9.png

Vj7qIjM.png

GiLwGGa.png

Edited by rewdew2

Thank you so much! I've been looking for shortcuts that do the simple stuff like that!

http://i.imgur.com/fXE3alF.png

You're welcome !

Next thing you can do is smoothing up the model. To do that, select it, hit T on the 3D viewport to bring up the Left-side menu, and click on the "Smooth" button on the shading panel.

Then head on to the Modifiers properties (right side panel), add a "Edge split" modifier that will split the edges based on the defined parameters. It will help giving you sharp edges on a smoothed model.

I recommend you to not play too much with the Blender Internal engine and go to Cycles, because it will be sooner or later the default renderer. It is also far more realistic and simpler to use (from my experience) once you understand how the Material Nodes works. Again, just a matter of learning things ! There are a lot of tutorials on Blender out there, I'm sure you will wuickly learn the basics and make beautiful stuff !

I wish I had some modelling skills to do some work too, and especially Kerbal models, but as I already said, I'm more onto the material/lightning/rendering stuff ...

I really need one Kerbal model for my artwork thread ! And if I can have a way to get parts from the game it would be "game" changer for me, as I have a lot of composition ideas, but not much proper "objects" to play with ...

Edited by SolarLiner

Here is a quick update on my Kerbal model:

vY36wOG.png

I'm fairly happy with it for the time being....however, now I need to rig the thing...no idea how I'm gonna motivate myself to do that!!!

I also need to add hair to it. I'm kinda thinking that I would like to add the same kind of "hair" to it that the kerbals have in-game...that's another thing I have yet to learn!

Universe

Hey, i've got a question for those of you who use blender cycles.

About how many samples should I set it to if i wanted to make an animation, that still looked pretty clear, but also didn't take forever for each frame?

About this many. Yep, you need to adjust it to whatever is right for you. It depends on the scene, it depends on the image size (for the rendertime), and on your "noise threshold".

Different topic:

I've been working on the materials for this W124:

QUOyOyh.png

V8kxPI0.png

FMkHsqr.png

Hey guys, I know this isn't 3D on its own, but I made use of a lot of 3D and Special Effects programs to make this. So if you have a minute or 2 to spare, please check out my short film I made. I've worked crazy hard on it over the last few months.

Wow, that looks great! I think the camera work, the way it is cut and the tempo are pretty much where they need to be. The special effects look really good too. Maybe that sometimes the positions of the actors look a little unnatural in relation to each other (for example when he hides behind the tree and becomes invisible), but that is just a case of some tweaking. The one thing that I feel could use some work are the sounds. The music sounds and feels good, but the additional sounds effects (knife sound, blast sound et cetera) seem a little detached from the environment they are in. They all seem equally loud and clear, almost as if the are on top of the music and without any relation to the world they are happening in. I understand that these are effects that are added in later, but they should sound like they were recorder by the camera. The chosen sounds are fitting though, so I think if you would manage to blend them in a little more it all would be pretty perfect.

Keep up the great work, you obviously have talent for this stuff!

So, i've been working in cycles, mostly because i've been peer pressured into it. (thanks guys...)

So here's some test.

I'll tell you what i set the samples to, and how long each frame

500 samples. T: 10:49

k6E2GPT.png

150 samples. T: 3:02

k6E2GPT.png

100 samples. T: 2:41

JAghAF5.png

75 samples. T: 1:43

qeKiGt0.png

50 samples. T: 1:14

mkQPClG.png

So, which do you think keeps the best quality, while still the best time

IMO

100 for quality to time.

75 for time to quality

Hi guys!

didnt know this thread was doing so well! I have been slacking off a bit,worrying bout school and how am I going to finish the USSK trailer.

But anyways! I made a concept model

mEZcEvi.png

Based on my other fictional story universe "Orion".

Full Description

Retrovution

A star harvester that uses the sun's extreme fusion reactions to power entire earth and space stations.

I transfers energy through micro-matter wave lasers that changes fusion energy into micro-matter that

gets transported through beams.In secrecy,it it is used to power the annihilation superweapon that is

strictly forbidden to be used and requires a 5 fragmented single key that can only be accessed by one

man only.If fallen to the wrong man,it will self destruct and sends information to the key man,Titan.

The station is also used for star forging,dedicated to make star cores and Star atoms.The station does

not mine the sun but instead takes use of its fusion decays and also avoid it to being supernova or opposite.

Thats the story,Its also a warp system.With enough energy,it creates sort off a artificial dimension tunnel that defies laws of time,speed and space.The superweapon is called Phantom Drive.

NOTE : This is NOT BASED on Kerbals at War 2 concept.I wrote down my own concept on my book and coincidentally we had the same idea.

Edited by victor tan

So after a little help from an amazing tutorial I found I have come up with this! My first full model made in Blender.

QIuSZpL.png

98KduKW.png

o is it possible to import a KSP part model, or an entire craft into blender?

Edited by 7499275

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.