Feanor Rocketry - NEW 0.5 Stock pack released!

feanor

I just don\'t get what all that x = y is for. Why do things need to be re-balanced just so the SRB\'s can gimbal?

Offtopic: Might I ask, How on earth did you manage to only kill 2 astronaughts?

Ontopic: I wanna nuke launch pad from space...

how did this mod specifically mess up your laptop?

what did it do?

it works fine for me.

Ignore him. He\'s trolling the forums or he\'s just plain stupid. If you look through his post history you\'ll see. I really wish a mod would take care of him. I keep reporting him every time he comes to crap in a thread.

how did this mod specifically mess up your laptop?

what did it do?

it works fine for me.

He\'s a complete idiot with no knowledge of computers and is young enough he shouldn\'t be anywhere near the internet.

Don\'t help him. He should learn from his mistakes.

Right!

Sorry for the lack of updates, christmas and new year and family and all that. The update will be in the next few days.

Due to reading up on collision meshes, I\'ll have to find a workaround for one of my plans, namely cilindrical drop tanks. PAM modules have been modelled, just need texture + balance.

The next update will include a fixed ICBM pack and lots of upper stages in 1 and 2 meter versions.

Thanks for everyone that commented!

Right!

Sorry for the lack of updates, christmas and new year and family and all that. The update will be in the next few days.

Due to reading up on collision meshes, I\'ll have to find a workaround for one of my plans, namely cilindrical drop tanks. PAM modules have been modelled, just need texture + balance.

The next update will include a fixed ICBM pack and lots of upper stages in 1 and 2 meter versions.

Thanks for everyone that commented!

Yay

small teaser of what I did today - a 0.8 meter solid upper stage ( so that it fits in 1 meter fairings ) firing.

I named it PAM-F1M, or Payload Assist Module - Feanor 1 Meter.

LKPTe.png

There\'s a version that fits into a 2 meter fairing aswell. I also worked on the texture + mesh of the ICBM first stage.

ICBM modified for cargo hauling?

now we\'re talking. 8)

actually, no!

While it\'s true what you\'ve seen so far ( and the majority of what I did ) is only solids, this pack is completely seperated from my ICBM pack.

PAM\'s exist in reality, and these are (somewhat) modelled after them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payload_Assist_Module

SBS-3_with_PAM-D_stage.jpg

I\'ll post another small tidbit tonight when i have time to model and texture!

No screenies, but I\'m halfway with the repair-job on some ICBM textures.

I\'m thinking that I\'ll keep the ICBM pack 'rough' after the fix, ie not totally rebuilding it with new techniques I\'ve learned.

Whats on the list of 'currently working / planned / thinking about for this 'upper stage pack, next to the earlier mentioned 1 and 2 meter diameter PAM modules?

-Breeze-M style drop tanks ( both 1 and 2 meter core - will need decouplers aswell.

-Blok-DM style upper stage central tank + engine. Might do 1 and 2 meter versions.

And for the next project...

After playing around with probobobobobobobdyne set, I decided to do something like that, as well as incorperating

-CubeSat command pod / part - will fit on the ICBM baseplates at the start - same size as the bottom of my MIRVs.

-Same diameter fuel tanks, engines, decouplers. ( solids + liquids - might even do RCS! )

-decouplers like a Pea-pod, which eject the parts.

Going for some micro-rocketry to orbit - or allowing you to release something like 4 sats as secondary payload on a normal mission!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubesat

Ncube2.jpg

I think we did that with our first orbital rockets. Either that, or it was the Russians. I can\'t remember.

The germans actually launched a V2 into a suborbit in 1944, this was the first real space flight.

I found pictures :D

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/04/wonder-weapons-of-world-war-two.html

'Scientists believed that the Silbervogel would be able to cross the Atlantic carrying an 8,800 lb bomb to the continental USA, and then land in territory held by Japan in the Pacific. It would cover such a vast distance in a series of hops. After reaching 1200 mph with the help of a rocket-powered sled on a two mile rail track, the Silverbird’s rocket engines kicked in once it was airborne. Eventually flying at ninety miles and at a speed of almost 14,000 mph, it would slowly fall into the stratosphere and greater air density would give it a bounce to regain altitude. The size of the bounce would decrease each time, but German technicians still figured the Silverbird was very capable of making a mind-boggling trip of between 12000 and15000 miles.'

yuketyjeryhjfgn.jpg

yiltrktjghjhg.jpg