[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

problem with the lazor cam though is it comes with all the overhead of Lazor itself. which does things I don't always want - it nukes the launch clamps on launch (for reasons of its own)

that said, I do prefer having it as a separate window onscreen. if someone could fork out the camera code for it from Lazor, it would be much appreciated

Lazor does nothing to the launch clamps. They act like they would without Lazor installed

How does this work? There are no parts in the download. :(

you need to download a separate camera mod for it to work. Albert doesn't currently have any cameras yet. They are in the first post, read a little further down.

you need to download a separate camera mod for it to work. Albert doesn't currently have any cameras yet. They are in the first post, read a little further down.

I know, but... Can I simply stick the MJ hullcam part into the "Parts" folder from this mod? Do I have to make some special cfg. edits?

There's the Lazor Cam with both azimuth and elevation control, but it only gives you a small viewing window rather than going full-screen (at least, it was like that the last time I used it, which has been a while).

That is more or less exactly the kind of camera I want -- but it depends on Lazors, which has far reaching implications and is not for everyone. :)

Lazor does nothing to the launch clamps. They act like they would without Lazor installed

The Lazor plugin used to explode your launch clamps instead of activate them normally. If it doesn't now, it's because he's changed it.

That is more or less exactly the kind of camera I want -- but it depends on Lazors, which has far reaching implications and is not for everyone. :)

Certainly true. He's got some great mods, but I really wish the supporting code for them wasn't all lumped into one big "all or nothing" plugin. I used some of the stuff for a while, but eventually decided that the things I did like weren't worth the baggage that came along with them. :(

Edited by RoboRay

Updated to 0.2, download link is in main post. Just a small update.

FYI, Spaceport has a PNG picture (one of the cameras), and my browser's filter is blocking the mediafire site, telling me the download is unsafe. Not sure what's going on. Maybe it's just me.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. It's fixed now.

I finally had time to go verify. Thanks. I haven't gone too crazy with slapping cameras on my rockets yet, but it's just a matter of time. :)

What I'm looking for in this mod is to be able to setup a rover looking at the launch pad. The rover has multiple cameras each with a steeper viewing angle to track a rocket launch. Now I figured out that I can indeed control the rocket while still looking through the camera on the rover, but I loose the ability to switch cameras to track the rocket. I was able to do this with the older telescoping camera from .19, but this one not so much.

Hmmm, I'll have a look why that doesn't work anymore.

Edit: This still works, are you using O and P to cycle through the cameras? Also, actions groups wont work, because it's not the active vehicle.

Edited by Albert VDS

do want: a window to view a camera through so it doesn't have to take over the entire screen (plus the camera switching problems that causes), you can probably find the code to render to texture in Lazor

This is great, i've been using this to simulate first person view on my planes that have no cockpit, just a question, is it possible to make a camera that can be moved to view around you like you would with the right click in IVA? I don't know anything about modding, but it would be awesome if it was possible.

Some pics here:

http://i.imgur.com/1sGhAws.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ScjoFdY.jpg

<snippage> just a question, is it possible to make a camera that can be moved to view around you like you would with the right click in IVA? I don't know anything about modding, but it would be awesome if it was possible.

I've been using the Infernal Robotics mods to give a camera full rotational control and it works really well.

Being able to add extra viewpoints to a craft is a really nice addition, this mod is now a frequent feature of satellites and Search And Rescue aircraft (note to self: learn how to re-enter on target).

Really nice with a good working camera plugin :) I like those features to come to, like nightvision sounds really usefull in all these blackness haha.

I couldnt resist to try it with kas, the procam model fitted nicely on the kerbal and you can change where to put it like on the helmet or the back like in these pics.

I feelt a bit like felix lol

hKYKLVr.jpg

d7ML40F.jpg

Cheers for the mod

Edit:

Just an idea dont know if its possible, but would be neat if we could make our camera record footage and when you find it later like an blackbox you can view it?

Edited by ahappydude

I love this mod and its been broken for a while love watching the stages drop away then flicking to that camera to watch the parachute open is there any chance of a more aerodynamic camera maybe something along the lines of the new media lipstick cams or perhaps a small oval dome and make it a funky colour like bright yellow or blue