[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

Am I being stupid or should I expect the camera to be zoomed way in when I activate it? I have checked and no Legacy MuMechLib is installed. Also, I assigned action group 1 and 2 to Zoom In and Zoom Out on all the KerbPro cameras I was using (3 of on a small lander probe) and it had little effect and eventually reset the view to the default KSP camera after 1-2 presses. I am using these mods:

modlist.jpg

Am I being stupid or should I expect the camera to be zoomed way in when I activate it? I have checked and no Legacy MuMechLib is installed. Also, I assigned action group 1 and 2 to Zoom In and Zoom Out on all the KerbPro cameras I was using (3 of on a small lander probe) and it had little effect and eventually reset the view to the default KSP camera after 1-2 presses. I am using these mods:

But you can zoom in and out with scroll wheel? I'll see what I can do about the camera being zoomed in when activated.

@sirkut: Alright, sounds cool. :)

But you can zoom in and out with scroll wheel? I'll see what I can do about the camera being zoomed in when activated.

Yes. Okay I played with it a little more. The scroll wheel works to zoom in on one camera and not the other which is a little odd. Zoom out with the wheel works okay on both. They don't ALWAYS activate zoomed way in, it seems to be when the spacecraft lands on a body (in my case back on Kerbin as I am still testing my lander). I think also if I manually set the zoom level before they go crazy they stay zoomed out mostly. Now I know how to zoom out with the mouse wheel it's nowhere near as big a deal :)

If using letter keys, this absolutely requires a way to configure the specific keys. Otherwise this is completely unusable if the english keyboard layout is dvorak, and the stock controls are remapped to maintain key positions. In this case O conficts with what's normally S, and P with R - this isn't something you can just ignore.

Bug Report for ya: If the Hullcam VDS mod is used in conjunction with Snjo's Firespitter Pack, there is some sort of conflict between the plugins, and none of the propellers from Firespitter spin properly (they don't spin at all). KSP V.21.1, Firespitter Pack V5.5, Hullcam VDS v0.2.5. This glitch existed back in the old .19 MuMech fixed camera, I'm sad to see it not fixed yet.

mrluckypants96, I tried an exmaple craft from the firespitter pack, stuck a camera on it, and the propeller worked like it should.

Even with all the different propellers on 1 craft the bug doesn' t show. Do you have any other mods installed?

Hey there, I just wanted to drop a quick bug report:

When using this mod, my Map goes all wonky. To clarify, this is what the map-view looks like when loading a vehicle (it loads into the standard vehicle view):

screenshot2%20%282%29.png

Then I switch into one of the camera perspectives using the '-' key and hitting 'M' results in the map-view looking like this:

screenshot3.png

I run three other mods along with this: KerbalEngineerRedux, Procedural Fairings and the Subassembly mod. Also, quiting the game and reloading does not resolve the issue.

If this has been mentioned before, sorry about reposting, but it does seem like a big deal.

mrluckypants96, I tried an exmaple craft from the firespitter pack, stuck a camera on it, and the propeller worked like it should.

Even with all the different propellers on 1 craft the bug doesn' t show. Do you have any other mods installed?

Ok, tried a full re-install, fresh DL of KSP, FS, and this mod, and it seems to work now... I'll post if I figure out what caused the glitch...