Fun way to destroy debris! Guide-able rockets.

JiWint

So I saw people searching for military mods.

Oh,come on! Use your imagination.

I was a little bored yesterday to destroy 20+ of debris.But then an idea came up.Destroy debris with rockets!

So I strapped some SolidFuelRockets with a computer on top,and made a ship to fly those "heat seeking" rockets to space to destroy my debris.

All I had to do is to switch to computer with sfr,and click space.It detached the rocket,and ignited it to fly.

And so I guided a rocket to debris...KaBoooOm! :D

So the point is,make a solid fuel rocket with a small computer on top,make it detachable from main rocket,launch em to space,detach rocket and fly it to your target.Vanilla rocks!

Edit: You can use liquid fuel rockets,with wings,asas or torque wheels. I thought about that before,but that wasn't very realistic.Well,different people like different things! Hope you found everything useful ^^

Sorry for my bad English,and please,tell me if I made mistakes :D

If someome wants pics,I can make em.Just a little lazy to do it right now.

Edited by JiWint

Might as well ask here, has anyone made a single stage Kerbin-surface to Kerbin-orbit missile?

I've been testing the idea for a little while but can't quite get it to work. Preferably with as little mass/few parts as possible.

Not a missle but I did make a single stage rocket that got to 100k with only 12 parts.

4x parachutes (radial)

1x command pod (the little one)

1x stack separator

1x fuel tank

1x quad adapter

4x LV-30 engines

Granted that "one" fuel tank was using the stretchy tank mod and was quite long....

Could have gotten it into orbit possibly but I just let it all fall back down to kerbin.

Not a missle but I did make a single stage rocket that got to 100k with only 12 parts.

4x parachutes (radial)

1x command pod (the little one)

1x stack separator

1x fuel tank

1x quad adapter

4x LV-30 engines

Granted that "one" fuel tank was using the stretchy tank mod and was quite long....

Could have gotten it into orbit possibly but I just let it all fall back down to kerbin.

If you're lucky,you can use only one parachute to get down safely.But I usually put 2 more just in case the first one cuts off.

Pfft. Clearing debris by getting rid of it is boring. I just built a Kessler Bomb that I put into a retrograde orbit and loosed about 320 small decouplers at once. It's surprisingly good for taking out the larger debris pieces... Now if only it didn't also rip my space station to shreds. :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.