Removing Used Decouplers

Hello,

So, I've been constructing station and I seem to have run into an issue:

tqsh.th.png

On the two jumbomax tanks you can see radial decouplers hanging off of them. This is a purely aesthetic issue but I was wondering if there is a way to remove them without, er, "kinetic solutions" as those would be rather problematic. I've tried save file editing but it seems to corrupt the quicksave (it won't load) and I have been too lazy to try with the persistence file.

Any solutions would be welcome but are not urgent.

A small ship with two truss arms hooked up with separatron rockets pointing inward could work, as you could maneuver the ship so the decouplers are between the tiny rockets to be burned when you fire them.

k91u.png

With the separatrons balanced on both sides, the ship won't be blown around by the rockets, and as they are parallel facing inward, only the object in between them (the decoupler) will be exploded and not the rest of the station. Since they're SRBs you don't need to worry about throttling any liquid deorbiter engine.

You may need multiple pairs of separatrons to get the power needed to deweld the decouplers; that particular vessel has 3 pairs. Shift + wasdqe will allow you to engage fine rotation in each of the keys' directions while building, which can help focus the thrust from the added pairs of boosters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.