New to KSP - Basic functions missing?

SpaceHole

It's fine to suggest some things, but when you start your thread by saying how disappointed you are in KSP for not having these supposedly basic features(that are entirely low priority updates), it makes your suggestion seem a little iffy to the average user.

As a guy who plays racing games and FIFA games where this type of replay is common, I have to say I don't consider it a neccessary feature. Its a "its nice to have" feature. The number of times I've actually used a replay to figure something out is..well...none.

Yep...never. I'm more likely to keep racing around the track until I get it right (or as is usual in anything, just keep getting better). In FIFA, I'm more likely to just play on instead of try to analyze how the computer scored a goal on me.

In KSP I'd be more likely to just revert to pad and launch again or revert to save and launch again because nothing that ever goes wrong happens without me being fully aware of it. When I crash into the Mun, I know why. When I bash into solar panels while docking, I know I did it and how it happened.

The only things I don't know are happening are usually things that are reported bugs, and those have been getting less common for me.

I just bought the game and am a pretty dissapointed maybe i am missing some things? Or are the most basic functions really missing?

- Flight data of past flights not saved?

- No way to replay and watch your past flights?

- no Hangar where you can watch your past creations?

I really enjoy this game but those functions are pretty important at least to me (especiqally nr 1 and 2)

Did i just miss those options or are they really missing?

While you may call those basic functions, they are missing from 99% of other games. So it might be a big ask. :/

Still, would love to see it, just currently not expected.

I just bought the game and am a pretty dissapointed maybe i am missing some things? Or are the most basic functions really missing?

- Flight data of past flights not saved?

- No way to replay and watch your past flights?

- no Hangar where you can watch your past creations?

Nice suggestions, i want.

As a guy who plays racing games and FIFA games where this type of replay is common, I have to say I don't consider it a neccessary feature. Its a "its nice to have" feature...

I fully agree. The developers of War Thunder take machinima somewhat seriously as they've implemented some really good replay features into that game and some fans have made really outstanding videos as a result of that. I'd love to see creative people doing the same thing in KSP and in-fact, some people already have!

If the unclickable building is later used for mission recording, it will be just like X-Wing Alliance where the patch made an unclickable door into the film room!

That unclickable building is Mission Control. It tells you that when you crash into it, apparently(never done it myself). It's modeled after NASA's mission control building as well, I think. That'll probably be where a lot of career mode stuff is handled. At least, it'll certainly be where missions are handed out to or setup by the player. I suppose replays could be handled in that building as well, it does make sense after all :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.