Missions Achevements

Ok we have http://ribbons.cgagnier.ca/ So the most rules and graphic concept are already there but you have to keep the track of your misssions, and do things manualy. Can someone add this to the game? So the KSP will award you with ribbons for performing sertan task or meeting certan requirements will unlock a ribbons for you. That will bring some sort of the goal into the game while carrier mode is still in development. And I beleve it can be implemented fairly easy. KSP modmakers anyone?

It's planned in ways we don't fully understand just yet. They'd hinted at a museum type of building that would display our achievements in some way...but there's also the in-game knowledgebase which acts as an encyclopedia for each planet or moon from the map screen. So we may well see our achievements doing various things throughout our career mode progression. Like, if we send probes to mun, we could discover its chemical composition or something like that...but if we send kerbals, we could probably find out a lot more, completely fill out the knowledgebase for that celestial body, provided we did a bunch of experiments and stuff there.

Either way, the ribbons are quite nice but I'm not so sure they should be in the vanilla game or even unlocked via game tracking. Maybe for convenience. I guess it'd be cool if I did things in the game and it uploaded ribbons to my profile or something...then I had the option to use my ribbon list as a signature. That'd actually be really cool, but I have a tendency to start new saves whenever there's a new patch(especially a big one). So it'd have to know when I do that. Or perhaps, just have an option to manually reset my profile ribbons. Hmm...

Well, I got a bit rambly there. I'm not sure whether someone could do this via a mod 'cause I'm not so sure everyone fully understands how the in-game tracking works...and if they do, I'm not sure if the in-game tracking is even completed just yet :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.