Save Crew Settings

I am making a space station, and it is big, so I have to go back and make adjustments to keep it from falling apart. I clear the crew in the VAB, but every time I go back to the VAB it always recrews the vehicle. I don't want to send kerbals up until the station is done. I just get annoyed that I have to keep clearing crew and that it does not save that setting. I think it would be a good idea to have it set up for vehicles that if you dont want crew you only have to clear that once and it saves that as an aspect of the ship like action groups or what the ship is made of.

I understand that because this is the first update with crew that this is to be expected, but that is the point of a suggestion. I am not so much angry as I am trying to improve the game by fixing something I see as negative.

The problem, IIRC, is that every time you change something with your ship, the .craft file is edited, so the crew is reset.

I am not a computer guy, so I have no idea what IIRC means, but it sounds like it would mean a large amount of overhaul with the devs, which I would like to lessen, so they can work on bettering the game through new features e.g. resources campaign. If it would take a large amount of work, I recommend they have the default set as no crew loaded, and every time you try to launch a window will pop up saying like "wait you haven't loaded any crew would you still like to proceed?" or something similar.

No no, OP, I get your frustration. So many times last night I was trying to launch my station core (Unmanned, obviously) and it kept putting a single Kerb in the Cupola module I had attached. Ungodly annoying, yes, and I do believe it's worthy of taking a look at integrating the crew into the .craft file, however, this could possibly break some craft that had been previously made, so we do need to think of the other implications of doing this.

I am not a computer guy, so I have no idea what IIRC means, but it sounds like it would mean a large amount of overhaul with the devs, which I would like to lessen, so they can work on bettering the game through new features e.g. resources campaign. If it would take a large amount of work, I recommend they have the default set as no crew loaded, and every time you try to launch a window will pop up saying like "wait you haven't loaded any crew would you still like to proceed?" or something similar.

IIRC means "If I Recall Correctly".

And I agree completely, this should be a feature. Maybe even hold the crew state of the ship that's currently in the editor in memory.

I am not a computer guy, so I have no idea what IIRC means.

It means "If I Remember/Recall Correctly". That's just Forum slang, like:

-OP "Original Poster" "Original Post" "OverPowered".

-AFAIK "As Far As I Know".

-BTW "By The Way".

-OT "Off-topic" "On-topic".

Don't worry, you'll get used to it. :)

I'm not a computer guy either, but shhhhh! don't tell anyone!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.