Joystick Problem

Hey all,

I have read the other post in here about Joystick Mapping but that\'s not my problem.

I can set my Pitch and Roll Axis but when i select Rudder or Throttle the game doesn\'t seem to recognise that i am moving my stick. I am using a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force which works fine with Pitch and Roll, but no Yaw or Throttle.

Hope there is a fix for this.

Cheers

Mini

\'Kay, well, it\'s half-workaround and half-diagnostic but how about manually hacking your settings.cfg in the KSP directory? It\'s where that panel writes to. The relevant chunk from mine:

AXIS_PITCH = joy0.1, SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick 1, False, 1, 0.03745231
AXIS_ROLL = joy0.2, SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick 2, False, 2.011212, 0
AXIS_YAW = joy0.0, SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick 0, False, 1, 0.02808923
AXIS_THROTTLE = joy0.3, SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick 3, True, 1, 0.02808923
AXIS_THROTTLE_INC = None, None, False, 1, 0
AXIS_CAMERA_HDG = joy0.4, SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick 4, False, 1, 0
AXIS_CAMERA_PITCH = joy0.5, SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick 5, True, 1, 0

The format is axis index, human-readable name, invert axis, sensitivity, KSP additional deadzone. I suspect that all sane joystick manufacturers assign axes in pretty much that sequence, but of course that doesn\'t mean you can count on it.

If hand-hacking works, it becomes a question of the detection code falling down.

• 5 months later...

I know this is a zombie thread, but has any working workaround been found for this?

It\'s still an issue in .15 and I\'d like to be able to use my perfectly working SW stick with the space-planes.

It seems that after activating the stick, only half an axis works. It\'s pretty odd behavior.