[x.xx] WinkAllKerb' Parts medley (nestable part concept + a few *.cfg here and there)

WinkAllKerb''

Z7CFKKg.jpg

[0.22] "WaLiKe" parts set Spaceport initial release

For now 21 parts, some are very simple main purpose was to test functionnality within blender/unity/*.cfg, this is mainly groundwork. (i'll upgrade them when i ll be done with all basic things i'll want to be able to manage for later plans) more info

Enjoy, all comments and suggestions welcome (especially looking for "in flight" + lag return ;)

Edit: o.23

+ Brainstorming with mesh/textures sharing,collider,welding+procedural overall heading and design of the set. All parts should be considered as ground work, not recommended for perma saves.

nothing special noticed yet with 0.23

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
++ infos & 0.23

yop,

nope 0.23 not seem to impact at all on what work and what don't with the parts. I keep testing a few functionnality i want to integrate (especially wheels) and improve the one already in.

Mainly focusing the geometry splitting and variations of some mesh regarding welding & modularity with squad symetry/asymetry standards.

...though using chipboard is a bit daring even by kerbal safety standards.

+1, just enough not to hurt to much eyes while testing some other things, currently in a KevinKraft state, but yup i put more interest in the concept behind (somwhere in an 'antichamber') than what it look like for now ;)

(a bit brainwashed by irl so dunno at all when it will come)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

• 2 weeks later...

I quite like the idea of slot-able modules. Utter awesomeness. So thank you for your effort.

No major is issues using .23. Only trouble so far was gathering science from the slotted goo and materials lab modules during EVA. Adding this after 'FXModules = 0' line in their respective .cfg files was an easy fix:

dataIsCollectable = True
collectActionName = Collect Data
interactionRange = 1.2

I assume it could already be in the works, but having the doors for both the habitat and slotted parts open-able on EVA would be very handy.

And I hate to nitpick, but I will anyways, the 9 second long animation on opening slotted doors feels just a bit too long. 2 to 3 seconds would be my suggestion.

Regardless, this is one mod I'll be anticipating as it progresses. Great job!

• 3 weeks later...

No major is issues using .23. Only trouble so far was gathering science from the slotted goo and materials lab modules during EVA. Adding this after 'FXModules = 0' line in their respective .cfg files was an easy fix:

dataIsCollectable = True
collectActionName = Collect Data
interactionRange = 1.2

I assume it could already be in the works, but having the doors for both the habitat and slotted parts open-able on EVA would be very handy.

+1 101% planned, watching squad/modder moves regarding this, secretly hoping for a "tweakable" param aplliable to large range of device for this instead of an additionnal plugin for now, (for some eva "device" activation).

the 9 second long animation on opening slotted doors feels just a bit too long. 2 to 3 seconds would be my suggestion.

yep true true, got a lot of things in mind regarding door(s)/others animations, time-rescaling them /rearanging keyframes is easily doable.

Still got to focus irl atm. (but most of the part side groundwork is done so shouldn't be a matter at all to produce a big update pretty quick when irl is "fixed"). Chears.

Nice. This is a part I really missed - the whole pack. I am setting up a base and the standard stuff is not so nice - thanks a lot. Please keep things going. Maybe a modeller can provide help. I would love some tunnel and more and larger modules - maybe some long term habitat (2-3 times the size of the one in stock with same capacity) ;) GREAT stuff. THanks a lot.

• 3 months later...
will this keep going?

Delayed, watching for update/modding tools stabilization curve i made enough various modding test to know @ witch rate i can produce the stuff i want.

When the above will fit the effort i want to put into modding...

Presently a bit AFKSP, but still around.

• 4 weeks later...
Delayed' date=' watching for update/modding tools stabilization curve i made enough various modding test to know @ witch rate i can produce the stuff i want.

When the above will fit the effort i want to put into modding...

Presently a bit AFKSP, but still around.[/quote']

Good news \o/

Btw, the spaceport download is down, can you please provide another? :V

• 11 months later...

Just passing by and throwing that here for thoose interested in a small stockish alike KAS fuel transfer light kind of things.

copy past in a text file as "part.cfg" in a "SmallGrapplingDevice" directory folder under gamedata

(yeah i know it's kinda not far from the smallest and cutest part ever somehow ; )

PART
{
name = SmallGrapplingDevice
module = Part
author = Squad, WinkAllKerb

MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/GrapplingDevice/GrapplingArm
position = 0, 0, 0
scale = .25, .25, .25
rotation = 0, 0, 0
// parent = anotherModelTransform <---------Not necessary unless Second or subsequent part.
// texture = model000 , Squad/Parts/Utility/telescopicLadderBay/model000
// texture = model001 , Squad/Parts/Utility/telescopicLadderBay/model001
}

rescaleFactor = 1.0

node_stack_top = 0.0, -0.01126614, 0.00, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.00, 0.0, -1, 0.0, 0

TechRequired = actuators
entryCost = 400
cost = 250
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Advanced Fuel Transfer Unit
manufacturer = Kerbal Motion LLC and Dyogen Kerman
description = Kerbal Motion engineers and Dyogen Kerman have long struggled with the problem of how to exchange fuel between containers without being always annoyed with altimetry differences and suspensions to weight ratio matters while on a random celestial body. After accidently running into a fuel tank by inadvertance with the "Klaw" an extern realised he could miniaturize it for fuel transfer use between vessels.
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,0
mass = 0.008
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.3
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 7
maxTemp = 2000 // = 3600
fuelCrossFeed = False
crashTolerance = 50
breakingForce = 50
breakingTorque = 50
bulkheadProfiles = size1, srf
MODULE
{
name = ModuleGrappleNode
nodeTransformName = ArticulatedCap
deployAnimationController = 1
nodeType = size0
captureRange = 0.05
captureMinFwdDot = 0.866
captureMaxRvel = 1
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = Deploy
startEventGUIName = Arm
endEventGUIName = Disarm
actionGUIName = Toggle Arming
}
MODULE
{
name = FXModuleLookAtConstraint
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
rotatorsName = Piston1
targetName = Sleeve1
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
rotatorsName = Sleeve1
targetName = Mounting1
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
rotatorsName = Piston2
targetName = Sleeve2
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
rotatorsName = Sleeve2
targetName = Mounting2
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
rotatorsName = Piston3
targetName = Sleeve3
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
rotatorsName = Sleeve3
targetName = Mounting3
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
rotatorsName = Piston4
targetName = Sleeve4
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
rotatorsName = Sleeve4
targetName = Mounting4
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
rotatorsName = BaseSleeve1
targetName = MainSleeveLookTarget
}
}
MODULE
{
name = FlagDecal
textureQuadName = flagTransform
}
}

YzefxfD.jpg

hmbR4iw.jpg

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Just passing by and throwing that here for thoose interested in a small stockish alike KAS fuel transfer light kind of things.

Win!

I've avoided the full sized claw because I've heard it can cause unexpected world-ending events (or something similarly inconvenient) when used on the surface for fuel transfer. Does this have the same problem? I don't have the details on the original problem, if this has the same issues are there a couple of do's and don'ts to avoid ending the universe?

This is just gamedata/squad/ model{...} directory call of a single model with a rescale, so yes i "guess" it has the same issue if you're not in the active vessel while linking.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Advanced_Grabbing_Unit

"Non-active AGU bug

Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination

Shortly after attachment

It is possible to break the game by connecting to a claw, so that it's not the active vessel. Kerbin disappears as soon as the claw connects and the physics is broken as the craft starts to fall even in orbit.[2] It is possible that just the terrain disappears if it's possible to switch to another craft in time. Danny2462 made a video about this bug where he used two claws where one Kerbal is attached to the active claw, but the Kerbal and the claw on the active craft are not necessary.[3]

To avoid this behaviour the player should switch to the craft with the claw before connection.

This error seems related to the existence of script references to no longer existent game objects (i.e. the object that existed prior to docking to it with an AGU). The error can be duplicated with no Advanced Grabbing Unit present in visual range by utilizing the Remote Tech mod. For example if a station with a comm link is connected to a satellite and something is attached to the satellite with an AGU, the target reference of the station's antenna will no longer be valid. This induces the same bug causing the station to plummet to the planet below if time acceleration is attempted."

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.