My first attempt at a Space Station. (The Arnold Aerospace Division Program Update 2)

Trumps

Hey All,

Thought i would complete my story of my first space Station.

Where we left update one the AAD had managed to dock my emergency Fuel resupplier to the strandard Crew Module and space tug and were having a rest before heading off to intercept and dock with the SSA (Space Station Arnold).

eGATtBp.jpg

Docked!!!!. After being strandard in space both of our lost Kerbal's ar reunited with rest of the SSA habitants.

UzegzkG.jpg

Our Kerbal Designer's put together this little beauty called the AAD Pitstop Supplier MK1-23. Basiclly it has small Fuel tank with a crap load of RCS on it to top off the SSA's tanks when needed.

GSdbIq8.jpg

Pitstop docked and transfering fuel and RCS.

ElbFTw7.jpg

After two successful mission. The AAD have decided that the SSA needs some power mast. The team created this beautiful design. Here it is seperating from some of the lifter.

t7Isaom.jpg

All controllers were on the edge of the seats as the power mast approached the SSA to dock.

LY8uIAq.png

We added one why not two. A second mission was put togther to replicate the power mast and launched.

af8shpM.png

A call from Mission Control at the AAD came through to Decouple the last part of th lifter. Bill Watched as the section slowly drifted back into the Kerbin Atmos.

rZdzJal.png

After intecrpt was achieved all that was left was to de orbit the orbiting engine.

7vHnMGt.png

High fives and back slaps all round as the second power mast locks into place and the SSA is really coming to life.(Enough power to run a small country anyway)

Rsu6FFM.png

Kerbals are not the type to rest on their laurels. So a second fuel tank was ent up to compliment the Refuelling Depot section. At the same time we decide to move the space tugg to a new docking port.

K0dx9Cy.png

P.s Unfortunately we had a marjor docking port issue with the space tugg. A decesion was made to have Bill eva back to the SSA and to re orbit the space tugg. (Replacement will be designed shortly)

Thanks

Director of Flight Operations

Arnold Aerospace Division

Part of the Trumpico Group.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.