Spacesuit customization

Just as we can build a spacecraft from the ground up, it would be neat if we could customize the Kerbals' spacesuits. The way I envision this is a separate tab for spacesuit customization. Different suits/components would have different benefits-

Onboard power would be limited. Your Kerbal could have gizmos, but you'd have to manage their use in EVA. Your [future career mode] budget would also be limited, so you wouldn't be able to kit all your crew out with everything- you'd need to specialize.

At the bottom tier you would have the most bare-bones suit, basically just a bunch of garbage bags duct taped together with a fishbowl for a helmet.

Some suits would be hardened against [to be implemented] radiation, or more resistant to impacts. Some might allow for better dexterity if you had to perform science or repairs in space.

You could equip your Kerbal with a parachute allowing him to land on an atmosphered planet from space :cool: . You could give him varying amounts of RCS pack fuel depending on how much space/weight you need for other things like toolkits, batteries, lights, and sensors for performing science.

This has been suggested before...kind of. At least, I'm fairly certain it has. Seems vaguely familiar, anyways >_>

Either way, I'm always down for more ways to customize your kerbals. Though I don't know if changing individual suit parts is exactly what we need. I'd honestly be fine if we could just change the colors of them. I tend to bring this up a lot, being able to edit the colors of outfits, EVA suits and even parts using a DoW army painter style utility. Or more recently, something like MWO's mech painter. Or most phenomenally, APB's editor for just about everything(clothes, cars, your character, even). Just good stuff to really make your space program feel like YOUR space program, you know?

I totally like this idea! Be able to change the color of the suit and pick which tools it has , or at the very least be able to select from a list of suits designed for different tasks. Suit parts/options could even be tied into te research tree.