HOWTO: Fuel lines

1. Start the fuel line on the tank with the engine attached.

2. End the fuel line on the external/ drop tanks.

3. Fuel will be drawn from the external tanks as a PRIORITY before starting on the original/centre/receiving tanks.

NOTE:

fuel lines will flow through RCS tanks and SAS modules to an engine, but not an ASAS module.

So the exterior tanks are emptied first, before the tank attached to the engine, and then you can decouple them and continue on with less weight? Just to check I\'ve got this right... Don\'t want to end up decoupling full tanks...

the ' further' a tank is along the linkage chain/tree, the highest priority it has to begin fueling whatever\'s plugged to it...

this makes it possible to predict the flow order and design your fuel systems quite nicely, i must say - my mnemonic rule-of-thumb for fuel line placement is 'to, from'

first click sets the destination, second click sets the source.... this also means it\'s impossible to feed parts that don\'t allow surface attachment by routing fuel to it directly (which needs to be fixed, as i have told HarvesteR)

even so, you can always edit your cfg\'s and make your engines allow it - or you can plug the line onto a tank that feeds the engine normally, and it\'ll work just as well

a cool trick i like to do, is to route fuel over a PLF set explosive bolt between the source and target tankage...

this gives you the authority to manually 'cut' the fuel flow when you pop the bolt, and works wonders when you have an overweight upper stage that needs to get up there with less tha its full load, or if you have a Falcon-9 type of setup where you want the center part of three identical stacks to keep burning after the side tanks are empty

:thumbup: