Day/Night launch option

This is a very basic idea I came up with, very spotty, could be built on.

The idea is that you have 3 options when going to launch.

1:Launch(current time)

2:Launch(next sunrise)

3:Lanuch(next sunset)

PERHAPS!

OR we could include a Launch at (time) option. This would make the idea above useless however.

This of course means that we would need a mission control clock. (as in the ones that are on the wall. not mission timers)

Thoughts. Write them. Tell me. pl0x.

Which is useful if you miss your launch window, or if you're trying to find out where the target should be in its orbit to get a successful rendezvous early.

How is that better than launching at window?\

BTW if you want to rendezvous quickly you have to wait minutes, not days.

But when you revert flight, you have to warp again.

Only if you revert back to the VAB/SPH. If you just revert back to launch it'll revert back to the moment just before you launched, so your time warp is saved.

Also I don't think this would be that useful because most of the time you aren't interested about the time of day you launch at, but the alignment of your docking target or planet you want to visit.

Only if you revert back to the VAB/SPH. If you just revert back to launch it'll revert back to the moment just before you launched, so your time warp is saved.

Also I don't think this would be that useful because most of the time you aren't interested about the time of day you launch at, but the alignment of your docking target or planet you want to visit.

No, if you revert to launch after warping on the pad it takes you to the start of your warp not to your launch. I have just tested this.

It would be very useful because, whatever the angle to my target, I want to launch in daylight to gaze at my creation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.