The Venturer Program: Mission one

RogueMason

Where's the driver? WHAT HAPPENED?!

Well, that's awfully suspicious of you. I take it you didn't notice the probe core right behind the seat? Hybrid technology -- manned/unmanned operation has become quite a necessity for a lot of missions, should something hinder either form of operation. And it actually came in very handy just the other day in order to resolve the problem I mentioned occurring with my third Venturer mission.

Come on now, you didn't actually think something bad would happen to a Kerbal in one of my stories, did you? Oh, wait a second...

Well, that's awfully suspicious of you. I take it you didn't notice the probe core right behind the seat? Hybrid technology -- manned/unmanned operation has become quite a necessity for a lot of missions, should something hinder either form of operation. And it actually came in very handy just the other day in order to resolve the problem I mentioned occurring with my third Venturer mission.

Come on now, you didn't actually think something bad would happen to a Kerbal in one of my stories, did you? Oh, wait a second...

My mind narrated this in the voice of Kevan Brighting, the voice of the Narrator from The Stanley Parable. Is that good?

Methinks I did.

My mind narrated this in the voice of Kevan Brighting, the voice of the Narrator from The Stanley Parable. Is that good?

Methinks I did.

When Needles came to a set of two open doo-- wait a minute, there's something not right, here. Where are the doors? What's going on? All I see is a comment referring to myself and how I sound like myself. Err, hold on... *flicks through notepad* Hmm, ok, I think I see what's happened. You've somehow seen through me. You found my secret. Oh, and I thought I'd done a good job of hiding it. Well, we can't be having that now, can we? Time to restart the game, I guess.

:P

As you can see, I've played it a fair bit, and can totally understand reading something in his voice. Therefore, methinks you're fine.

When Needles came to a set of two open doo-- wait a minute, there's something not right, here. Where are the doors? What's going on? All I see is a comment referring to myself and how I sound like myself. Err, hold on... *flicks through notepad* Hmm, ok, I think I see what's happened. You've somehow seen through me. You found my secret. Oh, and I thought I'd done a good job of hiding it. Well, we can't be having that now, can we? Time to restart the game, I guess.

:P

As you can see, I've played it a fair bit, and can totally understand reading something in his voice. Therefore, methinks you're fine.

Needles' mind read that in Kevan Brighting's voice as well. After all, he was reading text written in the style of narration from The Stanley Parable, which is quite funny and tends to break the fourth drywall. The Fourth Drywall is crossing out of story-written narration into a level outside of the story, but not into the real world.

Now you're using "methinks" too! Methinks this is okay.

Needles' mind read that in Kevan Brighting's voice as well. After all, he was reading text written in the style of narration from The Stanley Parable, which is quite funny and tends to break the fourth drywall. The Fourth Drywall is crossing out of story-written narration into a level outside of the story, but not into the real world.

Now you're using "methinks" too! Methinks this is okay.

Methinks. Methinksmethinksmethinks.

What's this? Oh, I see! Well done, Needles! You've found out about the Fourth Drywall! Oh, this is fantastic! I must say, I really didn't expect you to get even this far. However, I feel- hold on a moment. *rustling papers* Ah. It appears that you, Needles, are attempting to become me! Oh, how very clever. But no, no, no, we can't be having that, it would entirely ruin the story! It's time for another restart, I feel. I am oh so sorry about this, Needles, but I really see no other solution.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.