-

It completely nonsense of refueling solid rocket, solid boosters have only one thing why they are used, or why they were invented at first place. Firstly they were used as the common source of thrust before invention of liquid fuel, and later they were used in military rocket engines cause they can be "prepared" and stay prepared for loooooong time and launched when needed. Otherwise the liquid fuel is better weight to thrust ratio :)

Edit: yeah, like Person012345 said, look for the solid fuel and how does it works:))

You could replace the entire SRB :wink: but it does require some planning in the initial design.

Place the SRB in your design with docking ports and lock it into place with Docking Strut or Quantum Strut. Once in orbit you can 'undock' the SRB and slide a fresh one into place.

i tried doing a docking replace once on a SSTO but the SRB's are over kill on docking ports the second you try to steer and theres no turning them things off lol

cant wait for the ability to stitch new struts wile in orbit with ya kerbals then this would work really well

i tried doing a docking replace once on a SSTO but the SRB's are over kill on docking ports the second you try to steer and theres no turning them things off lol

cant wait for the ability to stitch new struts wile in orbit with ya kerbals then this would work really well

Every upside has a downside. I never expected docking ports alone would be capable to handle an SRB. That's why I mentioned Docking Strut and Quantum Strut.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.