How to delete a part?

I want to delete a part from a ship in orbit. I have lots of ships with ISA mapsat. And I want to delete de mod whithout loosing my ships.

I tryed to replace the mod parts whith stock parts in the persistent file and asingn the same parent number. But this makes a caos and bugs the ships.

Is there a way to delete the mod without loosing my ships?

Tnks

Edited by trulala

I would just edit the CFG file for the mapsat part. Remove or comment out the module that actually loads the mapsat code. This will make all the mapsat parts non-functional, essentially turning them into decorative dead weight. And you can easily change it back if mapsat is ever fixed.

You should just be able to remove all the mod files, including in some cases the part files, from your KSP install without doing any damage at all to a craft simply by deleting them from the respective folders. That is of course assuming the parts involved aren't required to keep the rocket in one piece, but that shouldn't be a problem here.

Works fine for MechJeb and KER.

I would just edit the CFG file for the mapsat part. Remove or comment out the module that actually loads the mapsat code. This will make all the mapsat parts non-functional, essentially turning them into decorative dead weight. And you can easily change it back if mapsat is ever fixed.

To disable it only for a single craft, you can also create a copy of the part.cfg, rename the part, rename it in your save file, and remove all MODULEs from the new part.cfg.

• 11 months later...
I want to delete a part from a ship in orbit. I have lots of ships with ISA mapsat. And I want to delete de mod whithout loosing my ships.

I tryed to replace the mod parts whith stock parts in the persistent file and asingn the same parent number. But this makes a caos and bugs the ships.

Is there a way to delete the mod without loosing my ships?

Tnks

Hey,

I know your question is kinda old but in case you run into the same problem again: I 've created a tool for that just recently which could come in handy :-)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93541-KSPPartRemover-v0-1-0-0

BR, Deads

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.