A few Suggestions...

Automated Flights

First and foremost I would love to see some automated flights. I was thinking along the lines of using maneuver nodes. Using an additional command centre structure will ask you to select a saved ship or build a new one, like the launch pad. Also have another button in the assembly build to send the craft to the command centre.

The CC (Command centre) will open up the map with an additional slider at the top to adjust the position of planets. Basicly time acceleration that can go backwards and instead of buttons you have a slider. Then a dialogue will open in which you input your take off parameters. (like mechjeb) then it will create the orbit. Now like maneuver nodes you can input more on the supposed orbit. But we need more types of nodes, for landing, take off, docking and operations. I was thinking of having these as additional options when you right click to delete the node. This others will bring up mechjebish dialogues where you cam input parameters. For the operations node I was thinking that all it will do is carry out an action group, so you can deploy your science modules.

Then when the planets align in real time with the slider, the mission will launch. I think it would also be cool to save the mission so that you can keep redoing it.

Also I don't think it would be a good idea to give those additional nodes to the player in a normal situation.

I was also thinking that you could plan your own piloted missions with this.

More crew management

Have 3 different types of crew; Pilots, Scientists and Passengers.

Pilots have skills, I was thinking like RCS, Fuels Efficiency, Engine Power, Stabilisation... etc... I think these are all kind of explanatory.

So the more skill a crew man has the more of a boost he will provide in that area. Even more reason to bring them back. Then obviously you can train them on the ground. Another option would be assign your crew tasks (Kinda like FTL) and as they do the same task more they get better and better. You could perhaps assign them from the map screen.

Now Scientists provide no flying boosts, they provide a boost to your science generated.

Passengers are Kerbal Billionaires that want to go to space. And they pay well for the flight. But they are hard to keep happy as they after the flight. Take them another planet and they get very happy, but keep them waiting in space too long and they get bored... I was thinking of having a bar that displays how they feel about the trip. You know the slider that moves from the happy side to dark side depending on how they feel.

And then depending on the average of the slider when you land is your money that they pay you.

So that's all for now folks...

And thanks for reading all of this.

Hi DeadFrog,

Both suggestions are under the what not to suggest list sticky thread, so I will close the thread.

They are on that list because they have been suggested lot of times.

Squad have already confirmed that they don't want any kind of Automated Flights with the vanilla game. They may add one after release with an dlc/extension but nothing confirm since they have to finish the game first.

At the moment you have a few different mods like Mechjeb, KOs that can automate your flight.

For the crew managment, Squad have added Stupidy and Courage skills to the Kerbals, at the moment it doesn't do anything (except for the in flight facial expression), but it might later. As Squad works on the career mode, I am sure we will see something to make them useful.