Your most trusty craft

DeepSpaceDutch

The Mosquito class probe first craft I built using the keep it simple stupid mindset.

Reliable,light,respectable amount of d/v and low part count what more could you want from a satellite/interplanetary explorer

PlVOZsg.png

Probably my Argos light orbiter.

kKb6tAD.jpg

Playing with FAR, DRE and Ioncross makes it hard to get a really good design going. So I just build this thing, tested and developed the hell out of it and ever since I've just been building addons that can be docked to either the bottom or the top (Think interplanetary boosters or landing stages). It has 750ish dV, TWR of 0.6 and enough O2 for about a month. She's a very versatile craft and the basis of just about every manned mission.

If i were to Choose It would be my Kamocleaze Mk2 Long range Interplanetary ship

Please note this craft and Is From .20 And Completely stock Heres the pics i took from .20 eeloo return

Low eeloo Orbit Made!

AF3C0E5804E7B9A84C836DC5A9155DACFC485D92

Heres the fuel Left in orbit for Kerbin return

1C4485722FD079E1F58755C074E96E516F1A9BE7

Landing stage When done with surface Operations it will dock with fuel tank in orbit

53B2107D72F2AC90981A25237EBE45243ADDB12C

Since this Crafts Return to Kerbin I used it for many Return missions From the outer moons of Jool!

This craft Will Getcha Anywere But Not in Landing Terms Objects it can Land on and return to orbit: Duna Vall Pol Bop eeloo Mun Minmus

Edited by Dooz

Pretty genial design however is it stable with all the clipping.Has to remember to put cockpit at the side

Although it looks like such a thing could happen, nothing causes a clipping problem. Everything can be placed quite normally and stays in place just fine. The craft is balanced as long as there is fuel in the right hand upper tank, but even with that tank empty it is still controllable. Think of it as a backup fuel tank.

Did you use any part clipping or trickery on that guy? I might copy that design try to build something similar, I really like it.

The only thing I used was the Editor Extensions mod, to attach those engine clusters.

It carries like 30-40% more liquid fuel than it needs so it's best to cruise and burn off some of the excess weight before turning on the rockets.

Mine is a simple space taxi... its an engine, fuel tank and manned pod... with RCS tanks around the engine and thrusters... very simple design...

....and being simple, its never let me down yet! Many a kerbal has owed its life to that taxi... its so simple that there isn't any point taking a photo of it... but I might one day so I can hang it on my wall...

:)

Edited by kiwi1960

The KSV Frozen Lake - the second ship in the Courage-class. This ship (and the "Courage-class" in general) started as little experiment to create a Kerbal version of the Eagles from Space 1999 from (mostly) stock parts, and turned out successful beyond any expectation. These craft are wonderfully maneuverable and fun to fly, and can get to and from just about any world in the Kerbol system short of Eve, Tylo, Laythe and Kerbin.

nbZ4mjw.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.