VaccerTech's Lazy KSP Modding Showcase(Now with TARDIS and REPCONN)

Vaccer

Well I'm back(holds for applause, realizes no one remembers him) and better than ever... well not really "better", but I am finally converting some of my old models from the grand old days of .12 and my Junk Parts Pack to the newest version, along with a few other surprises.

sjKMOrq.png

3zKizEV.png

Progress From the Original Pack:

Brass Cannon-Done

Monolith TMA1-Done, but I might shrink it down a bit, the conversion makes me have to rescale everything manually in Unity but that's a simple task.

Warp Nacelles; SAS Cap, Tank and Engine-Haven't started the conversion process yet. Might rework the textures, also yay no more need for 4 different rotations of them.

Big Effin Engine-Still undecided if it's even needed after the intro of the mainsail but if anyone remembers it and wants that horrible looking thing I might add it in, although I might rework it completely if my skills improve at all from this exercise in 3d.

New Models:

Tardis

Exterior: 90% finished, thinking of adding modeled on doorhandles and making some small texture tweaks, especially the window textures.

Interior: completely unfinished in every possible way besides having a mockup of it ingame. Help with it would be nice, get you an invisible cookie and many thanks in the readme.

ZsFk2vv.png

Moskit Cruise Missile - I have a model sitting around but I don't think I could do the thing justice texture wise. Still going to give it a shot though. I made it after seeing a thread long ago.

4mG0UlT.png

REPCONN SERIES: As per an old request thread from 2012? Yes I take requests if I like them enough to put in the extra time and if I think it's something my limited modeling and texturing skills am capable of pulling off in a half decent manner.

V29"the red one"

Tank: Done but texture might get an upgrade, also might tweak the mesh a bit after playing New Vegas again.

Main Engine: Same deal as tank.

Fin: I'm redoing the model from my old YouTube videos to more closely match the in game one.

R77"the blu one"

Nosecone: Mockedup

Tank: Finished

Engine: Finished

Fin: Mockedup

y43cCaR.png

Z43"the green one"

Still in the early modeling stages, not really sure how I'm getting this puppy working in game due to it's weird design. Pictures to come when I get a bit of time to make the thing a bit cleaner. Uv and texture will come when I decide how to split it up.

The One Those Crazy Ghouls Flew-no seriously I have no clue the designation number for it

Still in extremely early modeling stages I just have a simple mockup until I get better pics and a bit more of the backstory, so I need to run a char through the beginning of NV again since I've blasted them off in every other savefile I have. Unless of course there's a nice fallout-wiki page on it somewhere since the REPCONN HQ doesn't talk a lot about it in the displays.

So thats it so far, I'm not planning any releases until I at least get the REPCONN stuff in a semi-working and stable state. Don't expect a speedy update process I get frustrated at unity sometimes and get distracted by shiny objects easily.

I'm also working on a series of YouTube video updates, be warned though the first 2 videos were made during a break from the internet but I decided to just upload them anyways instead of making new ones because I am the ultimate lazy modder/youtuber, thus the series and thread name. Hopefully my weird nature plus me making videos at 2am and having gigglefits at times from the sheer weirdness my parts cause in KSP will make people interested in it.

Finally wondering if anyone has experience with off balance srbs/if I need to re-center certain models, some of them are as stable as ever and others like to buck like a wild bull.

VaccerTech, we will rise again. Well I will rise again, no longer as junk parts but makers of stuff I want and maybe you do too. Questions welcome, answers uncommon.

If anyone's wondering VaccerTime is comparable to ValveTime.

Edited by Vaccer

http://youtu.be/p5mEEsFvnc0

How could I forget the video, the second prerecorded one will be up soon but in the meantime.

Update: V29 Fin, old version on left, new untextured higher poly version in the middle, finless prototype on right. I was thinking about making a fin similar to the deltawing with built in flap for even more control for the finless nacelle. Textured version soonish?

VNGr9hr.png

Z43, Seriously any ideas? Currently the fins are separate from the main body and so is part of the nose. So thats why everything isn't quite lined up.

zRZ7Saf.png

Edit: Just read up on some things and found out about the new tga texture standards, thankfully I found that out early enough to enact it as I work on my new stuff.

Edited by Vaccer

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.