The LARGE Wheels Are Useless

Sup KSP fans:

I am trying to build something using the largest wheels available. However, no matter how many struts I attach or how slow I go they seem to break and fall off at the slightest hint of a bump...how are they so useless? It says their impact tolerance is like 150 or something so what gives? If you're telling me theyre connected with the same strength as everything else is then that's equally as retarded...4 of those wheels cant even support a single orange tank's mass evenly distributed between them...The smaller ones...they can...how? I cant even drive something with these off the lip of the runway without them breaking off at 2m/s...

I'm trying to build something that can refuel my planes on the runway after a long mission. I would use the next wheels down, but I need the height and constructing something throws off the center of gravity too much for it to be practical. Unless the largest wheels get a realistic performance enhancement I guess I'll just never be doing that :(

Don't know what is causing your problem, I can get 4 of them on an orange tank with a cupola and a large diameter battery off the runway just fine at top speed of 13m/s or so. No struts required

Getting back up is a bit more of a problem. Works fine at 10m/s, any higher though and they will fall off.

Pictures or craft file?

This should seriously be a forum rule for people on the GQ&T board who make a thread about any specific problem related to craft designs or parts issues. How is anyone supposed to diagnose such problems with just a description? Just show us something, please.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.