Better organisation of ships in VAB/SPH

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with dozens of different ships saved in my game: Multiple ships for the Mun, tons of space station modules, etc. The thing is that the current vessel loading menu is not suitable at all for these situations. I wish we could group all the ships from a certain category (e.g. All the modules of X station, All the mun ships, etc.) and have the categories be listed first, then let the player navigate through the different groups. This would make finding a specific ship to improve much easier.

TL;DR: I want a ship loading GUI that works more like a normal file manager. With folders and everything.

How nice to see a good suggestion from a new forum member. Hello! I too endorse being able to make folders on the fly from inside the ship menu while you are saving ( like windows can do normally). It would be a boon to all players.

I second a custom folder structure for the crafts list. I have a habit of keeping my test versions of rockets and spaceplanes saved for reference, and it Means a looooong list to go through and a naming scheme to differentiate between test versions and production versions.

Having custom folders means we could have a "project" like setup as the development of the craft progresses.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.