Your Favorite planet/moon!

MrPopcup

I know it has been asked million of times, but it got old and no one looked at it,

So simply say your fav planet/moon and also say why? what you like the most about it? what you would like to see added to it?.. those kind of questions :D

for me:

I like Duna the most,

Duna feels like kerbin, if not more, it's red.. polar caps.. it's just an amazing place to live on, with a big 'rock' floating in the sky, and it's sand blowing off at my helmet ( dat poem! ).

I'd like to see more stuff on duna, like a huge mountain ( which exists now, 7 km high I believe ), with a cave under it, some clouds here and there, also some wind making tornado's ( dust devil's ) , something more intresting under the ground to make 'science' out of it, like finding water..etc.

So yeah! your turn!

P.S: you can post 2 planets and two moons.

Edited by MrPopcup

I like Lathe, which is a problem because Jool HATES me. Duna is a nice one too, but can be a bit tricky to land on. Though I have been aiming for mostly unpowered descents.

How does Jool hate you? The Delta V required to get there?

How does Jool hate you? The Delta V required to get there?

EVERY mission sent runs out of fuel for some reason or another, ends up retrograde, crashes, or gets slingshotted out of the system into interplanetary space.

Lost at least 5 probes and a manned mission with Jeb, Bill, and Bob on board so far,

Can somebody clarify why ending up in retrograde orbit is so undesirable? My Duna mission went fine and I was in a retrograde orbit - is it something to do with the Oberth effect?

Well, with Jool, you probably want to visit/land on the moons. These orbit in the prograde direction, which may prove inconvient if you're orbiting retrograde :wink:.

Most definedly Duna at this point. So many succcess stories with reasonable amount effort. Next thing I am planning large base there but first I need to flag every darn thing in solar system. =)) Is there good mod for base making? Just found this: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-1-h-o-m-e-start-kit/ but dunno if it's any good. Don't want mess up the game, NovaPunch is awesome though. Just right amount of kick but not making things too easy.

Edit: Laythe seems to be very interesting. Going to make mission there next.

Edited by TUFOM

Well, with Jool, you probably want to visit/land on the moons. These orbit in the prograde direction, which may prove inconvient if you're orbiting retrograde :wink:.

Ohh, okay that makes sense. Always confused me, that did

Mun, because reenacting Apollo missions in my Kerpollo ship makes me feel like a badass.

Minmus, because you can jump a million miles.

Jool, because everyone who goes near it gets physicsed.

EDIT: Yes, physicsed. The past-tense verb of when physics hates you and attacks you violently.

Pretty much all of the asteroid-moons (Gilly, Bop, Pol, and even Minmus) get my vote for favorite. Excessively low gravity combined with fantastic hills and valleys to explore; what's not to love? Of them all, Pol is my current favorite due to its terrain scatter adding those spire-like rock formations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.