Career mode: Mods ON/OFF

Don't get me wrong, I like mods. I am a huge fan of mods like B9 Aerospace and KW Rocketry but I don't think they belong in career mode. Unless done absolutely perfectly they would make career mode way too easy. But still I would not want to miss them in sandbox mode.

Therefore I came up with this small and relatively simple idea: Add an option in the settings menu to turn mods either ON or OFF in career mode. Now you can suddenly have the best of both worlds; play career mode they way SQUAD intended it to be. And enjoy all those wonderful mods in sandbox. And if you do want mods in career simply enable them.

I recon it should be up to the mods to have that option (I have it for my mods, and greatly advice the users to not use it until they have discovered the tech tree fully).

This is also a reason why the hidden nodes of the mods are tier 8 and so at the end of the tech tree.

You could either choose not to use the parts of mods in career, or have two install of the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.