Minimus Station Landing Issues

I've been having issues landing anything large than my lander can. I've been working on this all morning and can't seem to find a method best suited to launch and land this station. Its pretty balanced longitudinally except for being a bit top-heavy, and even then it is only slightly top-heavy. Any suggestions? I can upload the .cft file if needed. Mods on this station: Kethane (.22), DEMV Mk. V (.21), IonCross (dev 4 for .22), KAS (.22), FusTek, (.21x), B9 (.21). I am also using KW rocketry (.22) if that helps.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edit: Disregard the first .img.

Edited by sharpspoonful

When I landed some similar (albeit smaller modules) on the Mun I attached a docking port to the top (of the craft in your picture) that I could attach a skycrane to. Then for balance on launch reasons I stuck the skycrane on top of the whole rocket (on the left of your picture).

Like this:

Y8yS77c.jpg

Then the skycrane attaches to the docking port on the right after the deorbit burn. The ASASs are just there to balance the rover.

Edited by boomerdog2000

Ok, so I have lift (I had to use MechJeb, however, because I cannot control it in Kerbin's atmosphere). It's an asparagus-staged 50t launch frame I base most flights on, so I know its reliable. This seems to work in my preliminary testing, but I need to get it into orbit to be 100% sure. Thanks for the help!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.