Steam Cards?

Hey people just a little question. (A little off topic)

I'd love to earn the Steam badge for KSP, but after the update I haven't been able to earn any cards. Is this normal?

I thought you just earned cards by playing, and I've played a lot since the update, but no cards.

Anybody know the answer to this? thanks a bunch. :D

Oh yeah I only have 4 cards.. Is that true? That'd be really lame if you could only get the rest by trading.. Nobody I know owns this game yet so I'm kind of out of luck there then.

Totally thought you got them by playing randomly. Meh. Thanks for the answer though!

You get a set amount (half or half+1 of the number of different cards in that set) randomly while playing. Once you reach that number you can only complete the set via trading/buying or by getting random booster packs. The booster packs are incredibly rare, with your chances of getting one increasing with your Steam level. I've gotten 2 or maybe 3 boosters since I signed up for the STC during its beta, and none of them have been recent. You also have no control over which game the booster pack cards are for, except that they are always for a game you own.

Nobody I know owns this game yet so I'm kind of out of luck there then.

You can sell them (for steam $ credits) on the free market. You can then buy the card you want. It's not so much a trade, but a sell and buy option. It means of course you have to sell one of your four, or sell cards from other games you care less about.

I'll be willing to trade you some of mine, I think I have at least one repeat. I'll check as soon as I get home (then I'll edit this with the result) EDIT: I've got Bob and Ground Crew for trade

Edited by Fr3Runn3r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.