I've done more in career mode in a week than I have in sandbox in months, and better.

Agent86

I also have not lost a single kerbal or botched a single mission. I've had failures, but only minor ones that just reduce mission efficiency, none that were critical to survival.

I've landed Jeb on the mun, on minmus, on duna, and gilly, and returned him to kerbin safely using the Merchant I - VII vehicles. He's currently conducting long term survivability experiments on Ike and will return when the next launch window is available.

I've set up supply lines to Eve and Duna, each of them have a mostly full fuel tanker in orbit, and I'll be sending a couple of tankers to Jool. Kerbin has three tankers in low, medium and high orbits for replenishment, and Mun has one.

I have sent Overwatch probes to 2000-4000 km orbits around: Kerbin, duna, Eve and Jool. These are lightweight probes that piggy back on either the tankers or the lander ships and allow for high speed warp to get planetary alignments quicker.

Bill is currently orbiting Laythe in an IP transfer ship called Nomad III with thee mannable landers. He's waiting on the other two crew members and a fuel tanker called Carpathia, then I'll land on Laythe, Tylo and Vall, refuel them, and send them to Pol and Bop. After sending the travelers home in the tanker, I'll send the unmanned transfer ship and landers into the heart of Jool, and transmit SCIENCE until it explodes.

After the Jool system is done and I bring Jeb home, Moho will be my next stop.

Good stuff :)

I too have found it's giving me a new lease of life... and greater sense of caution & experimentation when it comes to building new vessels to accrue science!

Currently I have Jeb & Bob stranded on the Mun after their engine fell off so I need to hastily design a rescue ship to bring them back using the limited parts I have available to me!

The problem can arise that the game will lose it's appeal when the structure ends though. The trick is to do what MMOs do and keep adding more stuff for people to work towards, no matter how small the goal.

A good structure is self referential, so that the more you do, the more the game suggests you have to do, but not to the point where you're overwhelmed by recursive tasks. Still have some ability to close the circles and want to repeat those circles.

The problem can arise that the game will lose it's appeal when the structure ends though. The trick is to do what MMOs do and keep adding more stuff for people to work towards, no matter how small the goal.

You're right, KSP needs HATS!

nmkSP.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.