Gene Kerman's partical phsyics theory.

Gene Kerman handed me a personal file that he has been working on for a long time.

I believe he has potentially stumbled upon a great idea.

We have implemented a large amount of resources to the project (80+ hours), but have occurred a fundamental problem.

All details of this top secret project will be unveiled once tests commence.

We need to be able to find a point on Moho, where a ship in orbit, can come very close to the planet without changing its plain over time.

I need a ship to be able to stay in the same plain while the planet rotates. Keeping in close contact with a ground crew once every ship rotation.

Something to do with the inclination?

If I could get some advice(links) on this subject, I am sure my Kerbal population would be forever grateful.

I'm sure I would be able to research the project, but I am sure this community has members far more capable than myself.

:wink:

Uhhh... so you want a geostationary satellite...? I'm not sure you really know what you're asking, since an orbiting object will remain in the same plane unless you maneuver to change it (within KSP's current physics model).

For geostationary (the satellite remains above a fixed surface point), you need an equatorial-ish circular orbit with a period equal to the planet's rotational period. If you just want to get really close to the same surface point every orbit, but not necessarily stay in a fixed position over it, you can set up a geosynchronous orbit, which is eccentric but maintains a period equal to the planet's rotational period.

Geostationary orbit requires you to be at a specific altitude above the surface.

For Kerbin I think it's around 200,000m. Unfortunately the nature of orbital mechanics does not allow you to stay close to the surafce and maintain a fixed position above the ground. Unless of course you continuously ran your engines in a hovering maneuver.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.