Cheat Rocket 60

No mods were used to make this, clipping was not turned off. They just seem to do it anyways. 60 tiny rockomax's on an orange tank. Efficiency of a skipper, weight of a mainsail (6.06 to 6), more power than a mainsail (1800 to 1500). Just remember it has 120x the parts of a mainsail, it does not scale well.

t8UNW91.jpg?1

I probably won't use it much due to the part count and it feeling pretty cheaty, but feel free to give it a go: Cheat Rocket 60

And in case anyone double checks my calculations, the wiki incorrectly shows the rockomax's thrust as 20 instead of 30.

What's your excuse for knowing about a mistake on the wiki and not correcting it?

likely, not having a wiki account. The stock parts page always takes a while to be updated because of people like me who don't have the initiative to edit it.

But if you want to help, here are the instructions for how to make an account and edit and such

-Ojimak

First time I've ever been ninja'd :(

A more useful (scalable and low part count) alternative is four lv-t30's with a skipper clustered together. http://i.imgur.com/kO6GAyM.png that shows you how to do it

Higher ISP (i did a lazy calculation so not sure if it's 100% accurate, but the isp in vacuum is around 361 vs the mainsail's 330)

Higher Thrust (1510 vs 1500)

Marginally greater mass (6 vs 9.16{this is outweighed by the bonuses})

The one major downside is when using these boosters for the radially mounted boosters on a rocket, rather than the core only. Because the higher part count coupled with symmetry greatly increases part count on just a simple engine.

BTW i don't take credit for this design, the credit goes to GusTurbo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.